2276Re: Westinghouse CM-71 Instructions

  • pbpetty@ymail.com
    Jun 6, 2009
      Wow!

      Thank you very much for the instructions and for sharing your
      experience. You have no idea how much help this is to me and what an
      encouragement it is. This group is really great. That includes the
      members and the content. I hope to be able to contribute as well when I
      have the ability. Soon I will have some photos of my modest group of
      vacpots to post in an album. Today I just received my first 19th Century
      piece from England. It was dumb luck.

      Philip

      --- In vacuumcoffeepotcollector@yahoogroups.com, "Ron McCray"
      <stebchem@...> wrote:

      > Hi Philip,
      >
      > We have just added the Westinghouse instructions you requested to our
      photo album (Ron & Edgar's Coffee Makers). Hope this will be of some
      help to you.

      > If you check the wattage on the Westinghouse vacpot, you'll find that
      it is 1000 watts! No wonder it gets so hot, brews so vigorously and
      takes a long time for it to cool down enough for the brewed coffee to
      move down to the carafe. These units are way overpowered. It bubbles
      so forcefully that we have to put a wet paper towel over the lid to keep
      coffee and grounds from sloshing out during brewing. Ours does end the
      brewing cycle automatically but since it takes so long, we use a little
      less ground coffee than usual.

      > Ron & Edgar

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic