Re: 12gb Compact Flash works for Powershot S70..BUT...

  • uwcanonpss80user
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      One caveat on using larger than 2Gb compact flash:

      The newer cameras handles FAT32 so the larger than 2gb partitions are
      supported without problems.

      My Canon Powershot S70 can read the FAT32 formatted compactflash cards
      but it can NOT format in FAT32. To get by this problem, I will have
      to always reformat the compact flash from some where else (my laptop?).

      I don't think the Canon Powershot S70 has the programming code to
      handle multiple FAT16 partitions, or does it?

      Charlie Eng