Fogging occuring behind the lens port on the Canon WP-DC1 Housing

  • uwcanonpss80user
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 25, 2008
      Guess what? I now own a S70 with a WP-DC1 housing! First use in the
      ocean on a snorkeling trip the lens port was clear until an hour into
      the snorkel.

      2nd trip into the ocean, I use a plastic cleaner with antistatic and
      defogger. It stayed clear this time, but wow the PS S70 sure does get
      HOT!

      I'll try the dessicant bag inside the housing next.

      Charlie Eng

      My guess would be that the Ikelite case will be less prone to
      > dew formation but the WPDC-1 will be able to get rid of it faster.
      > Anyway a small dessicant bag makes this discussion pointless!
      >
      > Clément

    • lemordudelabete
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 29, 2008
        Hello Charlie

        I use a S80 with a WP-DC1 and I've never experienced fogging (except
        once) during a dive. I always take care to put the camera inside the
        housing in a room that has A/C. Be sure the housing has no humidity
        in it. One small drop somewhere is too much it will vaporize as soon
        as you will start using the flash and guess what...it will condense
        on the port.

        The only fogging I had with my WP-DC1 is when I flooded it this
        summer. I'm still waiting for the camera to come back from repair.

        Clément

        --- In uw_canon_powershots@yahoogroups.com, "uwcanonpss80user"
        <charlieeng@...> wrote:

        > Guess what? I now own a S70 with a WP-DC1 housing! First use in
        the
        > ocean on a snorkeling trip the lens port was clear until an hour
        into
        > the snorkel.
        >
        > 2nd trip into the ocean, I use a plastic cleaner with antistatic and
        > defogger. It stayed clear this time, but wow the PS S70 sure does
        get
        > HOT!
        >
        > I'll try the dessicant bag inside the housing next.
        >
        > Charlie Eng
        >
        > My guess would be that the Ikelite case will be less prone to
        > > dew formation but the WPDC-1 will be able to get rid of it faster.
        > > Anyway a small dessicant bag makes this discussion pointless!
        > >
        > > Clément

      • Charlie Eng