12gb Compact Flash works for Powershot S70

  • Charlie Eng
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2008
      Just tried out my nephew's Sandisk Extreme III 12GB card in my Powershot S70, was able to format it and take photos and movie clips fine without errors.  I did not do any extensive testing.  When my nephew put the card back in his Canon 5D, he could review my photos I shot and continue to shoot on the card without reformatting it after my use.

      I'm using a Kingston Elite Pro 1Gb card now with the Powershot S70; my next upgrade will be the 8Gb or 12Gb (when the $160 price comes down).  I have copied an ad I found that stated the 12Gb card as a upgrade option.

      Charlie

      COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X for Digital Camera Canon Powershot S70

      Digital Camera Canon Powershot S70 COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X, Powershot S70 COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X, Digital Camera Canon COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X, Digital Camera Canon , Powershot S70, COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X
      Home > Digital Camera > Canon

      href="http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=508&lg=1&c=POWERSHOT_S70">Powershot S70 > COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X
      Sandisk Compact Flash Extreme III 12GB
      COMPACT FLASH EXTREME III 12GB 133X for Digital Camera Canon Powershot S70Upgrade your Camera !!! NEW! 12GB Compact Flash (CF) card for MP3´s, PDA´s, handhelds, and digital cameras that have a CompactFlash card slot.
    • uwcanonpss80user
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1 3:14 PM
        One caveat on using larger than 2Gb compact flash:

        The newer cameras handles FAT32 so the larger than 2gb partitions are
        supported without problems.

        My Canon Powershot S70 can read the FAT32 formatted compactflash cards
        but it can NOT format in FAT32. To get by this problem, I will have
        to always reformat the compact flash from some where else (my laptop?).

        I don't think the Canon Powershot S70 has the programming code to
        handle multiple FAT16 partitions, or does it?

        Charlie Eng