Updated my Hienrich Weinkamp's DA2 adapter docs on how to configure the settings

  • uwcanonpss80user
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      One of the downsides of reusing the analog strobes is that my Ikelite Substrobe 50's are TOO WEAK to be used reliably to configure the Digital Adapter settings. So I ended up using my BIG GUN the Ikelite Substrobe 300 at 1/4power. It's real cumbersome to handle out of the water so testing with it was a bear to say the lease. But it works well enough to confirm what my Digital Adapter2 settings were and make any changes that I needed.

      I also tried out seriouly the AUTO Exposure mode of my Canon Powershot S80 worked with the same Digital Adapter2 settings. Another negative side to using AUTO exposure mode is that the internal strobe fires at FULL output power! Meaning it'll use more battery power with no benefit to your image or camera. Expect to see it waste about 1/3 of the battery capacity; so plan shooting your images accordingly.

      I re-uploaded the file for documenting how to configure the Heinrich Weinkamp;s Digital Adapter2. It's their doc with my modifications to make it clearer on how to configure, what to look for.

      Charlie