SkyFest

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
      Google Calendar tells me that this event is 1 1/2 weeks away.

      I'm sending out an email as I'd like to see if I can gauge who is in, who
      does not know, or who is out for Skyfest in Cedar City. It's on 9/18
      (Saturday)... being the main day.

      I'm driving the truck (F150) down so I can take 3-4 more people with me, no
      problem. Gas is on me. I usually stay the evening and drive back Sunday but
      if anyone going would rather come back Saturday evening, I'd not have a
      problem with that either. Keep in mind, I'd like to leave here around 6am
      Saturday morning (putting us there around 9:30am) and if we left there
      around 8pm, we'd not be back until 11:30pm. I've looked around and the
      Knights Inn gets decent reviews and its $47/night with tax. It would also
      allow us to stay and enjoy the band that plays in the evening. Again, either
      way is fine with me. Driving with someone makes the trip much easier.

      I can say that we plan on flying kites and that the area is _very_ nice.
      Large open areas with nice grass. We also plan in having some bol races for
      the kids and adults as well as a water balloon toss. AJ is checking on some
      additional things and I'll let you know once I hear about them.

      I'd love to see if we can get several people to attend this year's event.

      http://www.utahkitefliers.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98

      Please let me know your status on this event (yea, nay, maybe)! Thanks!
    • monte anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010

        Unfortunately no.   I’m told there was hot air balloon events at Antelope Island last week end with a kite demo.  Were you there?

        Monte

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
          Monte:

          The balloons set up at dusk for a night glow, and the iQuad folks were doing some cool interaction with the canopy and their kites. They also did the same thing with a gentleman from Park City and his RC blimp, it was incredibly cool to say the least.

          Todd, I was hoping to swing down for this event this year, however, I will be in Idaho fishing for Bass and Sturgeon that weekend. Hopefully next season I'll be able to get out a bit more and attend some events, at least the ones I normally do that I missed this year.

          -Jeff