Thanksgiving Point

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2010
      Still need to see if we can get a few more people out this weekend at
      Thanksgiving Point. Can anyone else make it out either/both days?
    • Steven Scherry
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2010
        I will be there, do you have any extra large  UKF t shirts left? I would like to pick one up.
        If so how much would it be?

        Still need to see if we can get a few more people out this weekend at
        Thanksgiving Point. Can anyone else make it out either/both days?

      • AJ
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2010
          I wanted Robbie and I to make it but I'm in the process of moving and Donna was in a car accident so we will have to wait. Do you think you would be able to make the Venture Outdoors on the 19th? If anyone could it would be great. I think we will have much better weather this year and we are in the same area where we can fly again. Hope everyone is doing well!!

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 2, 2010, at 10:06 PM, "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

          Still need to see if we can get a few more people out this weekend at
          Thanksgiving Point. Can anyone else make it out either/both days?

        • Dc
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2010
            Sorry Todd, I can't make it out to Thanksgiving point this time around I allready have plans to go on the MDA Harley charity ride to wendover. Maybe next get together or funfly... Dave
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 4, 2010
              I just got back about an hour ago and needed to sit down and eat something.
              Weather and flying was great at Thanksgiving Point today! Around 5mph in the
              afternoon and then _really_ picked up in the evening.

              Yes, drive down the road that is next to I-15 and in front of the movie
              theater on the south side. Pass the first parking lot that is directly
              behind the movie theater. Make the following right into the west side
              parking lot behind Electric Park. There is an open gate to the parking lot.
              Just park in the parking lot and let the people at the entrance know you are
              with the kite fliers. I don't think you will have any problems but if you
              do, have them call Christine Jones at 801-592-9655 and she will make sure
              you get in without any problems. The people at this entrance should know the
              drill.

              We are flying in the North West corner of the park. I've set up a tent on
              the side.

              Give me a call if you need anything.

              Todd Copeland
              801-810-8633
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 15, 2010

                Sorry for the delay in my responding. I will certainly be out… it’s not far away and it’s always good to see our “ Cedar City ” friends!

                http://millcreekoutdoors.org/

                Saturday, June 19th

                Canyon Rim Park
                3100 South 2900 East
                Saturday, June 19, 2010
                Festival 3pm - 10pm
                Venture Activities 8am-3pm

                Do keep in mind that this is a difficult area to fly in as it’s in a semi-bowl, surround by trees.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 17, 2011
                  Looks to be good wind on Saturday... around 8mph and temps around 70-75. That should make for a great day. Look to have several fliers out Saturday. I know five or so people right now... looking for a few more. We might have too many kites in the air! :)
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2012
                    I received an email from Thanksgiving Point. They have an event on Monday from 6-8pm with a "flight" theme. They would like to know if we might want to fly kites. Anyone interested? Let me know asap.
                  • stephenburky
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2012
                      guess i could come help out

                      --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, Todd Copeland <todd@...> wrote:

                      > I received an email from Thanksgiving Point. They have an event on Monday from 6-8pm with a "flight" theme. They would like to know if we might want to fly kites. Anyone interested? Let me know asap.
                      > --

                    • Monte Anderson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 12, 2012

                        Todd:

                        I’ve already got a family event going on Monday.  Just after Labor Day I’ve got to be in my home town for an All Class Reunion then we head to Pacific Beach , WA for an ITC (International Training in Communication) meeting for my wife, so I won’t be at the Earth Well Event.

                        She was suckered into being elected as Pres-Elect and now we have to go there.  It is an excellent beach for flying.  I’ve been there before and have been looking forward to going back.  It well is a long drive but I’ll be flying while she’s in meetings.

                        I hope I don’t get kicked out of the Club for non-participation.

                        Monte

                        .

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 24, 2012

                          Actually I emailed then and said we would not make it. When I left work at 5:10 it was raining, the winds had shifted 180 degrees and it was blowing around 20mph. I just could not handle trying to be out there in that. But then I felt bad when around 6:10 it cleared up and the winds did not seem too bad.

                          Sorry for the delay in sending this email out.