Flying

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Oh yeah.... the ground is probably going to be a little wet but the temps
      look so good this week I'm going to get out a do a little flying in the
      local park!

      The time is getting close!
    • Steven Scherry
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        Yep, had my new Prism quantum up Sat at saltair. Not quite windy enough sat. but sunday was a great day for a 2 1/2 hour sail on great salt lake.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010

          Weekend was still a bit chilly for me but those nice breezes are good. The temps are bouncing up and down right now… I think perhaps because the pressure system is moving up and down. Hopefully it will start moving up north and we will be seeing some warmer temps over the next couple of weeks. Good to hear you are not letting dust get on the kites! J

        • monteanderson37@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2010

            The winds here in Ewa Beach, HI are still a little too strong for the kites I brought.   I keep hoping tomorrow will be a better kite flying day.   The weather is really nice,  It's is so nice to out side without a coat and not be cold.

            Monte

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 23 1:01 PM
              Wind looks really good. I think I'll head over to Eisenhower Jr. High in
              Taylorsville for some flying this evening. I should be there at 6pm if
              anyone wants to join me.
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
                Well, I think the dinner is kind of a bust. I was surprised that more people
                at least did not respond. Thanks to those that did! I'll say one thing...
                it's really difficult to get things put together without more participation.

                Weather is actually looking pretty good this week and even the weekend.
                Pretty good as in warmer but so far the winds are looking to be very light.
                Still, it's early and that can change. If anyone would like to get together
                this coming weekend, I'm up for it. I think the ground should be dry by
                then.

                I'm still working on the Stealth kite and I had a little set back. I won't
                mention what it was as it's about the dumbest thing anyone could do. I
                corrected it and am back on track. I'm hoping to have it done toward the
                middle of this week. I also need to get the post updated with more photos of
                the progress. With the "grey" in the kite really looking light green it's
                turning into a "Christmas Kite". :)

                Just about 6 months until Kiting Just for Fun! Anyone making plans for this?
              • monte anderson
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010

                  Todd:

                  Yes I’m looking forward to next spring with great anticipation.  By Kiting Just for Fun time I’ll have two new knees, I hope, and a whole lot more free time.  My years of working should be a thing of the past.

                  I hope you’ll have your stealth kite finished and flying by then.  I thought I was the only one making stupid mistakes.

                  Monte