Re: IKF

  • jeffersz
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
      Looks like some possible rain Saturday, but hopefully the storm goes through as-expected and not early, as Sunday is going to be downright COLD. We're still planning on leaving SLC between 2 and 3 tomorrow, hopefully we get out of here early enough I can attend the fighter kite workshop, I'm really interested in that. I'll also be sure to have my indoor dual liner with me, just in case it comes to that. LOL.

      -Jeff
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
        I plan in leaving about the same time. I was also looking at the weather and
        it's a low chance of rain Saturday. I was hoping that it would probably blow
        by and give us some good winds. I bought a used kite and it just arrived
        today so I'm looking forward to trying it out while there. I'm also looking
        forward to seeing the Snake River Kiters again and well as everyone else
        that will be there. Should make for a good time.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
          I looked at it again and I'm betting that rain won't hit until Saturday
          night or most likely, Sunday when that front gets there. Should prove for
          some interesting wind on Saturday. :) I guess its not shorts and a tee shirt
          weather any longer. Ordered my kite from a person in Florida and he just go
          the money a few days ago. Already have the kite in my possession and I'm
          look forward to seeing what it can do this weekend. Tonight... I'll be
          spending a good 2-3 hours untangling the tails on my arch. I'm going to take
          the recommendation of a friend and cut the tails in 1/2 and reattach them so
          each one has two, shorter tails. Less likely to tangle that way. Hot cutting
          80 tails is not going to be fun either.

          See everyone up there Friday night and Saturday!

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
            What kite didja get?

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009

              Yeah, like I’m not keeping it a secret! J

              It’s not a big kite and it’s not a decorative one. Other then that and you just have to show up on Saturday to find out.

              I will say that I was at Home Depot a few minutes ago and thought I’d look for some thick rope just to see what they had. I’m looking at the rope they have and it’s all rated less then 200lbs. 200lbs…? I have much smaller 500lbs Dacron line!

            • jeffersz@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1, 2009
                I too have a new toy I've been flying, and some new goodies up my sleeve to go with it. Surprises are fun! :)

                From: "Todd Copeland"
                Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:26:41 -0600
                To: <utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com>