Re: Kite Fly 2/28 2pm

  • Kevin Bayless
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
      I was there at 2:00 pm
      Freakin R/C guys are gonna be a pain
      Flew my 8' Patchwork ROK, just barely. But flew it and posted photos on kite builder . com
      Been making a lot of patchwork skins for folks on kite builder, but no takers here.........
      I think we should start thinking about a meeting for the end of March, any takers>>>>>>

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009

        You must have left pretty quickly as I got there about 2:20pm and flew until 5pm. I bridled up the circoflex and got it into the air for a little while.

        http://www.utahkitefliers.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48&p=143#p143

        Flew my 8' Patchwork ROK, just barely. But flew it and posted photos on kite builder . com
        Been making a lot of patchwork skins for folks on kite builder, but no takers here.........
        I think we should start thinking about a meeting for the end of March, any takers>>>>>>
        --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com , "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

        > Sunday looks to warm up a bit... not as much as the days following but
        warm
        > none the less. I was planning on heading up to the park off 7000/7200 S
        > (close to 1000 W) and getting some flying/practice in. I should be out
        there
        > around 2pm if anyone would like to join me. Just a little over a month
        > before April rolls around and there will be a lot going on that month.
        >
        > Location:
        > http://www.utahkitefliers.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15&p=142#p142

      • monte anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009

          I just got off the phone with Annette Cottle, annettcottle@..., Ogden City Recreation Dept.  On 22 Aug 09 the city is holding its third annual Paddle Festival at Pine view Dam.  They are looking for a kite display, flying demo, including some big kites, kite making for kids and parents.  We didn’t talk about other activities but I’m sure there will be other things happening the whole festival.

          The festival will run from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM.  It is a fund raiser but price is unknown at this time.

          She mentioned Berkley Kite Wrangles.   She didn’t say how she knows about them.

          She is very excited about having kites included in the festival and says they get some good kite winds up there.

          Is this something Utah Kite Fliers would be interested in?

          Please let me know what you think.  Thanks,

          Until that time,

          Monte

          Flew my 8' Patchwork ROK, just barely. But flew it and posted photos on kite builder . com
          Been making a lot of patchwork skins for folks on kite builder, but no takers here........ .
          I think we should start thinking about a meeting for the end of March, any takers>>>>>>
          --- In utahkitefliers@ yahoogroups. com , "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

          > Sunday looks to warm up a bit... not as much as the days following but
          warm
          > none the less. I was planning on heading up to the park off 7000/7200 S
          > (close to 1000 W) and getting some flying/practice in. I should be out
          there
          > around 2pm if anyone would like to join me. Just a little over a month
          > before April rolls around and there will be a lot going on that month.
          >
          > Location:
          > http://www.utahkite fliers.org/ phpbb3/viewtopic .php?f=1&t=15&p=142#p142

        • Mr. Robin Mc
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
            "I HATE that!" when R.C. planes, Football, Soccer, etc. shares the Field where All the kiters want to meet at... Same story everywhere, LOTS of open spaces to fly at, yet all your Kite buddies want to meet at the small park where all the sports & other hobbies are.