New Project

  • Kevin Bayless
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 6, 2009
      I am actively seeking scrap fabric on Kitebuilder.com for a new
      patchwork project. i want to make a bigger foil 432 sq ft and a really
      big patchwork spin sock. I have contacted Dave Gomberg, and Steve the
      owner of kitebuilder.com and have posted a topic there called send me
      your scrap. I am offering a patchwork skin for who ever sends me a
      bunch of scrap. So far I have four boxes of scrap sent to me, the
      first arrived yesterday. Barry, the kite guy from Texas who started
      the Pit Bull Dog project has even sent me scrap and all the parts for
      a Pit of my own. Just thought I would let ya'll know whats going on.

      Barbara, from the Davis county convention and tourism bureau has
      contacted me to attend a committee meeting regarding the Antelope
      Island event, no date yet, I agreed. The Antelope Island event could
      really be the big deal we have been looking for. Sorry but the Spanish
      Fork event has some serious site limitations.

      We need to meet again sometime in the next couple weeks to further our
      planning for the coming year, Todd your participation would be
      appreciated, as well as any others. We need to get this club thingabit
      more organized in order to be affective.
    • Kevin Bayless
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 17, 2009
        Thanks again Todd, even more info and it's appreciated . I have to go to Washington Dc the week of April 20th for business, wont be back till Sunday the 26th, so I am not going to be able to go to Idaho. Sorry.

        I expect that there will be a meeting with the Antelope Island Committee this Friday, have not heard from them yet. I still continue to contact various people and groups and have had some positive response. I am still keeping mum on any details till they are confirmed, but it looks really good so far. This could be a super event.