Meeting scheduled yet?

  • Tad
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 11, 2009
      Greetings everyone! Happy New Year to all...

      Just thought I would ask if anyone has any idea when we can meet for
      our 1st club meeting? It would be good if we can get it going
      sometime before the end of the month. Kevin, how about Friday the
      23rd of January?
      I think that you are on track when you talk about focusing on the
      Spanish Fork Festival. That will take alot of group effort and
      organization to pull off. It sounds like Elaine is counting on us
      for the kids kite workshop and also Kite exibition.(did I miss
      anything else?)I would love to have a plan in place, and have
      individual action items (for all of us who want to be involved) to
      shoot for.

      I will be out of town Jan 30th through Feb. 7th doing the
      Disneyworld thing with the kids but will be available after or
      before that. So, lets get on with it....

      For all members; (If this date is OK with Kevin) Post your
      acceptance of the proposed time or suggest a new one please....Thanks

      Tad
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 11, 2009
        Technically it's not the "1st club meeting"... as we've have at least one
        official and several field meetings. :)

        What about making it 2/14? I'd like to push it further out, rather then
        sooner.

        As far as I know, there are things popping up in April. I'll be attending a
        kite demo in Hayden ID the 2nd week. Of course, I'm sure we will all need to
        get out for a little practice around then as well.

        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 12, 2009
          As far as the 14th of Feb I don't think that would work Todd, due to the fact that it is Valentines day and some of us have significant others to consider. I would be up for the 23rd of Jan.
          --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

          > Technically it's not the "1st club meeting"... as we've have at least one
          > official and several field meetings. :)
          >
          > What about making it 2/14? I'd like to push it further out, rather then
          > sooner.
          >
          > As far as I know, there are things popping up in April. I'll be attending a
          > kite demo in Hayden ID the 2nd week. Of course, I'm sure we will all need to
          > get out for a little practice around then as well.

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 13, 2009
            Been out of the loop (long long story) recently. My apologies to anyone who's left me messages, I'll try to catch up with you in the next day or two.

            Anyway...

            The 23rd works for me, I am interested in hearing people's ideas regarding our involvement in the SF festival.

            -Jeff

            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 15, 2009
              Thought maybe you moved or got hit by a bus or something Jeff, good to hear from ya. There seems to be less than enthusiastic response to a meeting on any thing at this point. As the eldest member of this group, i don't think people realize just how fast time goes by and before we know it, it will be time to load up and head down to Spanish Fork.

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 15, 2009

                I can make it on 1/23.

                Thought maybe you moved or got hit by a bus or something Jeff , good to hear from ya. There seems to be less than enthusiastic response to a meeting on any thing at this point. As the eldest member of this group, i don't think people realize just how fast time goes by and before we know it, it will be time to load up and head down to Spanish Fork.
                --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com , Jeff <jeffersz@...> wrote:

                > Been out of the loop (long long story) recently. My apologies to anyone
                who's left me messages, I'll try to catch up with you in the next day or two.

                > Anyway...
                >
                > The 23rd works for me, I am interested in hearing people's ideas regarding
                our involvement in the SF festival.

                > - Jeff
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Mr. Robin Mc
                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 16, 2009
                  All of these yahoo chat and other groups are alike. please Don't let
                  it get you down if no one responds! likewise, we all need to post our
                  phone numbers. Mine is (720)297-9641 don't be afraid to call or
                  message if you wish. I am struggling to get Kiters here in Denver to
                  stay in touch. NOT easy in a Windless Hell Hole Denver!Some of the
                  Kite Fliers end up doing other hobbies out of FRUSTRATION of lack of
                  wind or changing too rapidly?

                  --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless"
                  <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

                  > Thought maybe you moved or got hit by a bus or something Jeff, good to
                  > hear from ya. There seems to be less than enthusiastic response to a
                  > meeting on any thing at this point. As the eldest member of this group,
                  > i don't think people realize just how fast time goes by and before we
                  > know it, it will be time to load up and head down to Spanish Fork.
                  > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jeffersz@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Been out of the loop (long long story) recently. My apologies to
                  > anyone who's left me messages, I'll try to catch up with you in the next
                  > day or two.
                  > >
                  > > Anyway...
                  > >
                  > > The 23rd works for me, I am interested in hearing people's ideas
                  > regarding our involvement in the SF festival.
                  > >
                  > > -Jeff
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • Kevin Bayless
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 16, 2009
                    Robin;

                    I was a member of the San Diego club for several years and flew down there a lot during the early, mid and late 90's, I lived in the LA area for almost 21 years. While living in Denver during the early 80's I was not into kite then.
                    Tad and I started making kites together around 1991 or so and are known best for the Wakeless Triad Tristack, a 6', 8' 12' stack of stunters, ( see photos ) We also then started getting into big foils. Recently I have been working on a large Bol.
                    i can appreciate your wind conditions, however I need to point out that some times, loading all the gear and heading out to the field, juist to sit around and wait for the wind to blow right, beats mowing the lawn, weeding the garden and a host of other chores and honey-do's any day.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 16, 2009
                      Sorry but I just have to rub it in a little because I'm pretty excited...
                      I'm in Florida right now for a kite festival and the weather is going to be
                      60 degrees and partly cloudy but this will probably be mostly sunny right on
                      the beach. Also, winds Friday and Saturday will be 8-10mph and then Sunday
                      it will be about 5mph. Looks to be a perfect weekend!

                      Dodd Gross should be at the beach with the new kites from the new company,
                      Skydog. Also, Ben from Revolution will be there as usual. John Barresi will
                      also be attending.

                      I'm also attending a ciroflex workshop. I don't recall the person's name but
                      he's been in attendant to all the festivals I've been to here in Florida and
                      he makes some unusual ciroflexs. They are very deep so they look like flying
                      cans. The workshop is how to make mylar circoflexs. Should be very
                      interesting.

                      <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

                      > Thought maybe you moved or got hit by a bus or something Jeff, good to
                      > hear from ya. There seems to be less than enthusiastic response to a
                      > meeting on any thing at this point. As the eldest member of this group,
                      > i don't think people realize just how fast time goes by and before we
                      > know it, it will be time to load up and head down to Spanish Fork.
                      > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jeffersz@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Been out of the loop (long long story) recently. My apologies to
                      > anyone who's left me messages, I'll try to catch up with you in the next
                      > day or two.
                      > >
                      > > Anyway...
                      > >
                      > > The 23rd works for me, I am interested in hearing people's ideas
                      > regarding our involvement in the SF festival.
                      > >
                      > > -Jeff
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________

                    • Mr. Robin Mc
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 16, 2009
                        WOW! Todd, please post some pics of that Florida fly if you get any.
                        Even in San Diego it was difficult to have festivals or club flys in
                        January. I'll have to see if anyone posts something about it on the
                        AKA site. Sounds like a major event.

                      • Mr. Robin Mc
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 16, 2009
                          Cool! We both have lots to talk about then. Your time spent in San
                          Diego was when I was not flying as much thanks to Ex Wife. You may
                          know a few people that I did, but I was more involved with the San
                          Diego club way back, early 80's. I just joined the San Diego yahoo
                          group also. Nice to see the pics of buggying on the bay in front of
                          the Hilton!

                          <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

                          > Robin;
                          >
                          > I was a member of the San Diego club for several years and flew down
                          > there a lot during the early, mid and late 90's, I lived in the LA area
                          > for almost 21 years. While living in Denver during the early 80's I was
                          > not into kite then.
                          > Tad and I started making kites together around 1991 or so and are known
                          > best for the Wakeless Triad Tristack, a 6', 8' 12' stack of stunters, (
                          > see photos ) We also then started getting into big foils. Recently I
                          > have been working on a large Bol.
                          > i can appreciate your wind conditions, however I need to point out that
                          > some times, loading all the gear and heading out to the field, juist to
                          > sit around and wait for the wind to blow right, beats mowing the lawn,
                          > weeding the garden and a host of other chores and honey-do's any day.
                          > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc" <boulderjunk@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > All of these yahoo chat and other groups are alike. please Don't let
                          > > it get you down if no one responds! likewise, we all need to post our
                          > > phone numbers. Mine is (720)297-9641 don't be afraid to call or
                          > > message if you wish. I am struggling to get Kiters here in Denver to
                          > > stay in touch. NOT easy in a Windless Hell Hole Denver!Some of the
                          > > Kite Fliers end up doing other hobbies out of FRUSTRATION of lack of
                          > > wind or changing too rapidly?
                          > >

                          > > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless"
                          > > wakelesskites@ wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Thought maybe you moved or got hit by a bus or something Jeff, good
                          > > > hear from ya. There seems to be less than enthusiastic response to a
                          > > > meeting on any thing at this point. As the eldest member of this
                          > group,
                          > > > i don't think people realize just how fast time goes by and before
                          > we
                          > > > know it, it will be time to load up and head down to Spanish Fork.

                          > > > anyone who's left me messages, I'll try to catch up with you in the
                          > next
                          > > > day or two.

                          > > > regarding our involvement in the SF festival.

                        • Kevin Bayless
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 17, 2009
                            So you know Charlie, or knew I should say, he passed about a year or so ago. How bout John Rogers, he was our inspiration to start makin big stuff. i do really miss being in Cali, not the crowds or traffic, but the beach and ocean, the weather too. But living in utah could put us right on the coast some day, either global warming or an earth quake could do the trick.
                            About Friday Night, the 23rd, I'm thinking we should pot luck it, as we are desperately broke right now, and start around 6 to 6:30 pm. IT WOULD BE NICE IF EVERYONE BROUGHT AT LEAST TWO, CONCISE, WELL THOUGHT OUT IDEAS FOR THE CLUB TO DISCUSS. One being the Spanish Fork event, specifically the kids kite workshop, the other topic should be your choice, having to do with the club.  We should establish a regular, monthly meeting time as well as a regular day to fly. I think we have found the place to fly but should set up a standard time when we are there, it's much easier to get people out if they know that on a certain day , at a certain place, we will be there.
                            Spring is just around the corner. Lets get really ready for it.

                          • Mr. Robin Mc
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 17, 2009
                              Weather permitting, you folks should just simply propose to meet at a
                              park within a mutual distance of each others' homes on, for example,
                              the 2nd Sat, 2nd Sun, 4th Sun, whatever. Check the calendar to make
                              sure that not too many holidays conflict with your choice of Fly day.
                              Also check your field, whether there are soccer games or other park
                              users in your way.Keep your monthly fly in the same location, if you
                              keep moving it around, you lose the opportunity to promote kiting in
                              the surrounding neighborhood. I got our 2nd.Sunday "off the ground"
                              with the Foothills (Denver)club by promising to show up myself
                              regardless of weather conditions, or if anyone else showed.
                              Subsequently, most of our club showed up for a few months, even when I
                              was stuck working and missing some of the Flys.
                              As for San Diego, I can think of a few names you might? remember, Tony
                              Cyphert, he built giant deltas. Gene Carey of "Carey's Kite Winder"
                              (he manufactured reels out of high impact plastic for singleline, flew
                              Tony's deltas to promote his reel. Virgil Dalton, he was the original
                              regular kiter whom flew at Tecolote Shores (aka "South of the Hilton")
                              their current home field. I moved the Club there from Ski Beach in
                              1980. Carol Hamilton, she rarely flew but owned the Seaport Village
                              kite store. Vic Heredia, of India decent, manufactured the Vics
                              Fighter in the 70's Vic taught me how to fly fighters. As for Charlie,
                              I may have met him, and John, but I was not around enough in the 90's
                              unfortunately. It took moving out here to appreciate kiting more, as I
                              have NO ocean to do my other hobbies with. :.(

                              <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

> [...]
                              > area
                              > > > for almost 21 years. While living in Denver during the early 80's I
                              > was
                              > > > not into kite then.
                              > > > Tad and I started making kites together around 1991 or so and are
                              > known
                              > > > best for the Wakeless Triad Tristack, a 6', 8' 12' stack of
                              > stunters, (
                              > > > see photos ) We also then started getting into big foils. Recently I
                              > > > have been working on a large Bol.
                              > > > i can appreciate your wind conditions, however I need to point out
                              > that
                              > > > some times, loading all the gear and heading out to the field, juist
                              > > > sit around and wait for the wind to blow right, beats mowing the
                              > lawn,
                              > > > weeding the garden and a host of other chores and honey-do's any

                            • Kevin Bayless
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009
                                You had to know Charlie McCleary, he had membership number 5, one of the original members and the club archivist. Called him self the kite bum.
                                With regards to our field, we have a field, see Todd's aerial photos, that is perfect, central to the entire Wasatch front, very close to most of us and has no soccer, baseball or any other kind of sports facilities.
                                On a lighter note, I just finished a new BOL, approx 16' Dia, a variation of a red, white and blue patchwork with some other colors mixed in. I am working on posting some pics on Kite Studio forums. I am thinking of building a seqintual stack of Revs next, or a new stunter design tristack, not sure which yet. We also have to come up with a kids kite kit for a festival in late Aug here, we have been asked to operate a kids kite shop and based on last years attendence will need about 1500 or more of those.

                              • Kevin Bayless
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009
                                  I posted some pics of the New Bol in the photos section

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009

                                    Just FYI,  that’s the photo section of the Yahoo Group. The website has been down since I left. Apparently it knew when I’d be leaving and decided to go down right then. I friend was supposed to check it on Saturday but it appears that did not happen. I’ll see about getting someone to stop by or I’ll have it up on Wednesday when I return.

                                    BTW… the kite festival here in Florida was GREAT!

                                    I posted some pics of the New Bol in the photos section
                                    --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless" <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

                                    > You had to know Charlie McCleary, he had membership number 5, one of the
                                    > original members and the club archivist. Called him self the kite bum.
                                    > With regards to our field, we have a field, see Todd's aerial photos,
                                    > that is perfect, central to the entire Wasatch front, very close to most
                                    > of us and has no soccer, baseball or any other kind of sports
                                    > facilities.
                                    > On a lighter note, I just finished a new BOL, approx 16' Dia, a
                                    > variation of a red, white and blue patchwork with some other colors
                                    > mixed in. I am working on posting some pics on Kite Studio forums. I am
                                    > thinking of building a seqintual stack of Revs next, or a new stunter
                                    > design tristack, not sure w hich yet. We also have to come up with a kids
                                    > kite kit for a festival in late Aug here, we have been asked to operate
                                    > a kids kite shop and based on last years attendence will need about 1500
                                    > or more of those.
                                    >
                                    > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"
                                    boulderjunk@
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Weather permitting, you folks should just simply propose to meet at a
                                    > > park within a mutual distance of each others' homes on, for example,
                                    > > the 2nd Sat, 2nd Sun, 4th Sun, whatever. Check the calendar to make
                                    > > sure that not too many holidays conflict with your choice of Fly day.
                                    > > Also check your field, whether there are soccer games or other park
                                    > > users in your way.Keep your monthly fly in the same location, if you
                                    > > keep moving it around, you lose the opportunity to promote kiting in
                                    > > the surrounding neighborhood. I got our 2nd.Sunday "off t he
                                    ground"
                                    > > with the Foothills ( Denver )club
                                    by promising to show up myself
                                    > > regardless of weather conditions, or if anyone else showed.
                                    > > Subsequently, most of our club showed up for a few months, even when
                                    > > was stuck working and missing some of the Flys.
                                    > > As for San Diego ,
                                    I can think of a few names you might? remember, Tony
                                    > > Cyphert, he built giant deltas. Gene Carey of "Carey's Kite
                                    Winder"
                                    > > (he manufactured reels out of high impact plastic for singleline,
                                    flew
                                    > > Tony's deltas to promote his reel. Virgil Dalton, he was the original
                                    > > regular kiter whom flew at Tecolote
                                    Shores (aka "South of the Hilton")
                                    > > their current home field. I moved the Club there from
                                    w:st="on"> Ski Beach in
                                    > > 1980. Carol Hamilton, she rarely flew but owned the
                                    w:st="on">Seaport Village
                                    > > kite store. Vic Heredia, of
                                    w:st="on">India decent, manufactured the Vics
                                    > > Fighter in the 70 's Vic taught me how to fly fighters. As for
                                    Charlie,
                                    > > I may have met him, and John, but I was not around enough in the 90's
                                    > > unfortunately. It took moving out here to appreciate kiting more, as
                                    > > have NO ocean to do my other hobbies with. :.(
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless"
                                    > > wakelesskites@ wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > So you know Charlie, or knew I should say, he passed about a
                                    year or
                                    > so
                                    > > > ago. How bout John Rogers, he was our inspiration to start makin
                                    big
                                    > > > stuff. i do really miss being in
                                    w:st="on">Cali , not the crowds or traffic,
                                    > but
                                    > > > the beach and ocean, the weather too. But living in
                                    w:st="on"> utah could put
                                    > us
                                    > > > right on the coast some day, either global warming or an earth
                                    quake
                                    > > > could do the trick.
                                    > > > Ab out Friday Night, the 23rd, I'm thinking we should pot luck
                                    it, as
                                    > we
                                    > > > are desperately broke right now, and start around 6 to 6:30 pm.
                                    IT
                                    > WOULD
                                    > > > BE NICE IF EVERYONE BROUGHT AT LEAST TWO, CONCISE, WELL THOUGHT
                                    OUT
                                    > > > IDEAS FOR THE CLUB TO DISCUSS. One being the Spanish Fork event,
                                    > > > specifically the kids kite workshop, the other topic should be
                                    your
                                    > > > choice, having to do with the club. We should establish a
                                    regular,
                                    > > > monthly meeting time as well as a regular day to fly. I think we
                                    > have
                                    > > > found the place to fly but should set up a standard time when we
                                    are
                                    > > > there, it's much easier to get people out if they know that on a
                                    > certain
                                    > > > day , at a certain place, we will be there.
                                    > > > Spring is just around the corner. Lets get really ready for it.
                                    > > > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoo groups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"
                                    <boulderjunk@>

                                    You may
                                    > of

                                    Bayless"

                                    w:st="on">San Diego club for several years and flew
                                    > down
                                    > LA
                                    > > > area
                                    w:st="on">Denver during the early
                                    > 80's I
                                    > > > was
                                    > are
                                    > > > known
                                    > > > stunters, (
                                    > Recently I
                                    > out
                                    > > > that
                                    > juist
                                    > > > lawn,
                                    > > > day.
                                    Mc"
                                    > <boulderjunk@>

                                    > Don't
                                    > > > let
                                    > post
                                    > > > our
                                    > or
                                    Kiters here in
                                    > Denver
                                    Denver!Some of
                                    > the
                                    FRUSTRATION of
                                    > lack
                                    > > > of

                                    > Jeff,
                                    > > > good
                                    > response
                                    > > > to a
                                    > this
                                    > > > before
                                    > > > Fork.

                                    recently. My
                                    > apologies
                                    > in
                                    > > > the

                                    > > > ideas

                                  • Kevin Bayless
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009
                                      I posted my photos just fine today, FYI....

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009

                                        Yes, on Yahoo Groups not utahkitefliers.org. I just wanted to point that out so people could see the great Bol!

                                        I posted my photos just fine today, FYI....
                                        --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

                                        > Just FYI, that's the photo section of the Yahoo Group. The website has
                                        been
                                        > down since I left. Apparently it knew when I'd be leaving and decided to
                                        go
                                        > down right then. I friend was supposed to check it on Saturday but it
                                        > appears that did not happen. I'll see about getting someone to stop by or
                                        > I'll have it up on Wednesday when I return.
                                        >

                                        > BTW. the kite festival here in Florida
                                        was GREAT!

                                        > _____

                                        & gt; > design tristack, not sure w hich yet. We also have to come up with a kids
                                        > > kite kit for a festival in late Aug here, we have been asked to
                                        operate
                                        > > a kids kite shop and based on last years attendence will need about
                                        1500
                                        > > or more of those.
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. Robin Mc"
                                        boulderjunk@
                                        > > wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Weather permitting, you folks should just simply propose to meet
                                        at a
                                        > > > park within a mutual distance of each others' homes on, for
                                        example,
                                        > > > the 2nd Sat, 2nd Sun, 4th Sun, whatever. Check the calendar to
                                        make
                                        > > > sure that not too many holidays conflict with your choice of Fly
                                        day.
                                        > > > Also check your field, whether there are soccer games or other
                                        park
                                        > > > users in your way.Keep your monthly fly in the same location, if
                                        you
                                        > > > keep moving it around, you lose the opportunity to promote
                                        kiting in
                                        > > > the surrounding neighborhood. I got our 2nd.Sunday "off t
                                        he ground"
                                        > > > with the Foothills ( Denver )club
                                        by promising to show up myself
                                        > > > regardless of weather conditions, or if anyone else showed.
                                        > > > Subsequently, most of our club showed up for a few months, even
                                        when I
                                        > > > was stuck working and missing some of the Flys.
                                        > > > As for San Diego ,
                                        I can think of a few names you might? remember, Tony
                                        > > > Cyphert, he built giant deltas. Gene Carey of "Carey's Kite
                                        Winder"
                                        > > > (he manufactured reels out of high impact plastic for
                                        singleline, flew
                                        > > > Tony's deltas to promote his reel. Virgil Dalton, he was the
                                        original
                                        > > > regular kiter whom flew at
                                        w:st="on">Tecolote Shores (aka "South of the Hilton")

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009

                                          (sorry for that prior long quote)

                                          And let me just say, I took a closer look at the Bol and the design is PERFECT and the color choose was superb! It’s very unusual and eye catching. It has a design… yet its also random. The slight yellow color on the inside was really a great choice! One of a kind and a great job!

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009
                                            Thanks Todd, I am pretty proud of it, and it was so easy to make

                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jan 18, 2009
                                              You should be, it came out absolutely stunning! I tried to picture
                                              how it was going to look when it was on your cutting table, but of
                                              course the real thing is so much better. I can't wait to see it
                                              fly. :)

                                              Great work (as always) Kevin!

                                              -Jeff

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jan 19, 2009
                                                So how about friday night, any thoughts on food, kites, what time, etc...........

                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jan 20, 2009

                                                  Any time is good for me on Friday. I’m assuming making it after 5:30pm would be best. I have a feeling it’s going to be Kevin/family, Tad, myself and perhaps Jeff/better half. I will call Dave when I get back to Utah to see if he can make it. Personally, I think we could just get together for an hour and hash things out… no food needed. Bring a drink and sit at the table.

                                                  I’d vote for Friday at 7pm to 8pm but I’m 100% flexible.

                                                  I have 3-4 things that I know of that we could discuss

                                                  Ideas on firming up membership (i.e. maintaining a membership list, etc)

                                                  Adding the club to the AKA (I still need to do this)

                                                  Seeing if we know who can make the events that we know about at this time

                                                  Possible kite workshops

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jan 20, 2009
                                                    Around 7 would be just fine with me. Because of Terry's knee injury (her appt. with the orthopedic surgeon is Monday), I'd highly doubt she'll feel like limping along for it with as much pain as it causes her. A potluck style gathering would be alright with me, but I'd just much rather get down to business and hash out what it is we are there to discuss.

                                                    We have been offered a great opportunity to head up the SF kite festival, I would think this should be our #1 point (but not all of course) of discussion.
                                                    Just my $0.02

                                                    -Jeff

                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jan 22, 2009
                                                      So no food and all business huh? Ok at least someone bring some beer. show up between 6:30 to 7 pm
                                                      Agenda;
                                                      Spanish Fork Festival, open forum
                                                      Spanish Fork Festival, kids kite workshop ideas, remember according to Elaine they did over a 1000 last year.
                                                      Club monthly flys, open forum
                                                      Club project, lets all chip in and make a UKF something( a bigger Bol like I just finished, UKF themed)
                                                      Club members, how to get more of us
                                                      Club Website, update
                                                      Open forum
                                                      I am thinking we need at least a couple hours to hash things out, we really should attempt to be as organized as possible, complete notes and minutes for review by all on this site, or the other.
                                                      See ya all tomorrow night
                                                      Kevin

                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Jan 22, 2009

                                                        I need an address.