where is everybody

  • Kevin Bayless
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 18, 2008
      Jezzzzzz

      Where is everybody, no post or replies for well over a week, whats up with that?
    • Kevin Bayless
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 21, 2008
        No comments? How bout on the Spanish Fork Deal? Anybody got anything to say?
        --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless" <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

        > Jezzzzzz
        >
        > Where is everybody, no post or replies for well over a week, whats up
        > with that?

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 21, 2008
          As I mentioned on the phone earlier tonight... I think those of us who are interested in making the Spanish Fork event "ours" so to speak, really need to get together to discuss it in detail...

          This is way too big for a forum or email.

          Just my $0.02

          -Jeff

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 21, 2008

            I’ll be there?

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 7, 2008

              Jeff, Jeff …. Who are you again? J

              I got back from Florida last week and will be attending a kite fest there next month (who says kiting has to stop during the winter!).

              I think we should see about getting together toward after the holidays, perhaps the end of January or in February. I’m sure people will be quite busy over the next month or so.

              I’m really looking forward to the next season of kite flying in Utah ! We have some great events coming up and great group of people. We’ve only been organized for less then a year and already we’ve been to several events and established some great support. I look forward to building this in the year to come.

              I started another email and had not sent it so I’ll post it below:

              One of the things discussed was the placement of Utah in Region 7 of the AKA. Some of you might not know but I've brought up the idea of requesting that Utah be moved from Region 7 to Region 9. There were two main reasons; Region 7's activities are centered on the Midwest . As such, we don't have much interaction. There have been many things going on between Utah and Idaho and things look very promising for us to support each other. Idaho is in Region 9 along with Montana and Oregon . I certainly don't want to speak for all AKA members in Utah so if you have an objection to this, please feel free to let me know. I have spoken to many Utah AKA members and the ones I've spoken to would not have an issue with it.

              If any AKA members would like to email or call me to discuss this, I’d be happy to talk to anyone about it. I’m not trying to be the voice of all AKA members in Utah but I have not heard anyone who would be opposed to this change and I really thing it would help the kite fliers in this area as well as the AKA. The Treasure for the AKA might be in this area in the near future and wanted to get together to discuss this matter. I’ll be sure to let AKA members in Utah know more about this meeting when I know more.

              Todd Copeland

              813-368-0102

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 7, 2008
                Todd,

                I would support an AKA region-change wholeheartedly-- I have always
                felt that our region placement was a bit odd... and I've just assumed
                that it was probably made by folks who were trying to divvy-up a map
                but had little working knowledge of this particular state. (I think
                most who live in Utah, when asked to divide a U.S. map into regions,
                would put us into an "intermountain west" or "Rocky Mountain" zone...)

                I tend to group Utah with Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona
                and New Mexico-- and certainly two of those states *are* in our
                region, but it has always seemed odd to me to put Utah in a region
                with "plains" states like Nebraska and Kansas-- I tend to think of
                kite-flying as an activity that depends on geography, so I was
                surprised when I found out that I was in a region of such varied types
                of terrain. ;)

                Obviously, this is my own personal (and quirky) way of thinking about
                it, but basically I think of Idaho, (or even Oregon and Washington) as
                being a place Utahans (sp?) would be willing to drive to for a kite-do
                without considering it an excessive distance... but I can't imagine
                agreeing to drive to Kansas for the same reason! (even now that gas
                prices are down!)

                But then, I am incredibly prejudiced there... in my heart I wish I was
                living in Oregon right now! Heheheh.
                :)
                -Rachel
              • Monte
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 8, 2008

                  May I be allowed to offer my thoughts?  At present I’m not able to participate in any events happening on week-ends so I’ve not said much.  Hopefully this summer that will change.  It’s not much fun flying kites alone.

                  I’d rather travel to WA, OR, or CA to fly kites than go to the prairie states.

                  I agree with most of Rachel’s comments.  I was born on the Idaho-Oregon border and in my narrow minded opinion the only good reason to go to OR is the Pacific Ocean .  A beautiful place to go and fly kites. (No offense intended, Rachel)

                  I’d stick with the Intermountain west or Rock Mountain area.

                  Until that time.

                  Monte

                • Alisa Brooks
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008
                    Hi there to everyone!

                    Unfortunately I am now only able to access the internet at the library-
                    both of my business neighbors burned to the ground a week ago. My part
                    of the building's fate has yet to be determined. I read when I get a
                    few minutes and will reply as often as I can. I hope everyone is doing
                    well!!

                    <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

                    > Jezzzzzz
                    >
                    > Where is everybody, no post or replies for well over a week, whats up
                    > with that?

                  • Wentzium
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008
                      Wow. That is horrid! I hope you are okay! (?)
                      I'll be thinking of you.
                      :)
                      -R

                      On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Alisa Brooks
                      <breakinwindonline@...> wrote:

                      > Hi there to everyone!
                      >
                      > Unfortunately I am now only able to access the internet at the library-
                      > both of my business neighbors burned to the ground a week ago. My part
                      > of the building's fate has yet to be determined. I read when I get a
                      > few minutes and will reply as often as I can. I hope everyone is doing
                      > well!!
                      >
                      > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bayless"
                      > <wakelesskites@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Jezzzzzz
                      >>
                      >> Where is everybody, no post or replies for well over a week, whats up
                      >> with that?

                    • Monte
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 9, 2008

                        I hope you are okay.  I know you’re kind of loose ends right now, wondering what will happen and when.  I hope you had insurance.  About all I can do is wish you well and hope and pray you can recover your losses.

                        Did you lose any or your kites?

                        Monte

                      • AJ Brooks
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 11, 2008
                          Well, as opposed to being burned to the ground, I am great! Thanks for thinking about me!!

                          AJ Brooks
                          Breakin' Wind
                          50 West Center
                          Cedar City, Ut 84720
                          435.586.8851-Store
                          702.207.9350-Cell

                          <breakinwindonline@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                          > Hi there to everyone!
                          >
                          > Unfortunately I am now only able to access the internet at the library-
                          > both of my business neighbors burned to the ground a week ago. My part
                          > of the building's fate has yet to be determined. I read when I get a
                          > few minutes and will reply as often as I can. I hope everyone is doing
                          > well!!
                          >
                          > --- In utahkitefliers@ yahoogroups. com, "Kevin Bayless"
                          > <wakelesskites@ ...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Jezzzzzz
                          >>
                          >> Where is everybody, no post or replies for well over a week, whats up
                          >> with that?

                        • AJ Brooks
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 11, 2008
                            Thank you for asking. I am doing pretty good, other than waiting to see what might happen next. As for any product, aside from my plush and t-shirts, I am good. No kites lost!!

                            AJ Brooks
                            Breakin' Wind
                            50 West Center
                            Cedar City, Ut 84720
                            435.586.8851-Store
                            702.207.9350-Cell

                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 16, 2008
                              Dido Aj, glad you are ok, but what happens with your biz now? I realize everybody is busy this time of year and I appreciate your adding you comments and views to this post.
                              We would like to schedule a meeting for all who can attend sometime towards the end of Jan or first part of Feb. The agenda would be fairly basic, " What do we want as a club for this next year and how do we do it. There are some exciting things developing with the good folks from Spanish Fork. Aj you in particular would be very helpful in that area, and it could be a great oppertunity to sell your wares.

                              On my own personel home front, I have been working on a big bol, and a new stunter design for a new stack. Plus the same stuff everyone else is doing, getting thru xmas and tring to pay the bills, worring about the economy and my job, and talking about how freakin unfair life is, wish I was a Wall Street Banker and could get billions or even millions of "DO OVER MONEY" from the Government.

                              Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, Christmas, a much better year in "09", and just the right amount of wind when you go to fly.....

                              Kevin
                              --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, AJ Brooks <breakinwindonline@...> wrote:

                              > Thank you for asking. I am doing pretty good, other than waiting to see what might happen next. As for any product, aside from my plush and t-shirts, I am good. No kites lost!!
                              >

                              > AJ Brooks
                              > Breakin' Wind
                              > 50 West Center
                              > Cedar City, Ut 84720
                              > www.breakinwindonline.com
                              > 435.586.8851-Store
                              > 702.207.9350-Cell

                            • Monte
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 24, 2008

                                I hope you one and all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

                                Monte

                                _,___

                              • Kevin Bayless
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 25, 2008