Re: What do we Want?

  • Kevin Bayless
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2008
      OK so lets set up a meeting, and a fly for sometime this month. It appears that we have at least 5 people who have chimed in. We need to talk.

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 8, 2008

        I could fly this weekend but I don’t think anyone will want to… it looks like it will be snowing.

        OK so lets set up a meeting, and a fly for sometime this month. It appears that we have at least 5 people who have chimed in. We need to talk.

        --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff <jeffersz@...> wrote:

        > Well some of us have been busy moving and haven't had access to read.
        >
        > But I think I've made my position perfectly clear on a number of occasions, as well as discussed it in person with many of you.
        >
        > I'll be more vocal once things are back to normal.
        >
        > -Jeff

      • Kevin Bayless
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 10, 2008

          That is so funny, for so many reasons.............not! Actually I think that flyin a kite in a snow storm could be pretty interesting, with a 5 to 7or8 mph wind, snow flakes coming down, snow on the ground, yeah that would be cool. The only thing that would make it better would be doin it at like, a deep frozen mountain lake with a snow board. I think I would like to try power snow kite flyin. mainly because..

          HERE IT COMES.....

          WINTER, SNOW, COLD, AND SNOW....

          but back to the serious stuff. A meeting of the minds amoung the kite fliers we know, who know how to have fun, and are not to opinionated, (crap did I say that out loud) It doesn't have to be right away, might be fun to make it a kite making meeting. We all come up with plans for a simple, kid style kite that we can make real fast, easy but cool and durable. We all post our ideas and then vote on it. Then we meet at my house, bring our supplies and make em, and meanwhile we are at it.

          How's that sound?

          Kevin

        • Tad
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 10, 2008
            OPINIONATED????? If that is not the weed callin the grass green. I
            don't know what is.... HEH!
            I'm game for a snow fly somewhere close. I don't have a snowboard,
            but would just like to fly during a snow storm. (lightning might be
            an issue there) But hey, by January, I will be so bored and infected
            with cabin fever I would try just about anything. Besides, I have a
            pretty good life insurance policy. (Hmmmmm...wonder if that is
            covered)
            As far as making a kids kite.....BLAH! I think that a nice set of
            syncronized stunters would be pretty cool for everyone. Might be
            kinda hard to get a common concensus on color, design and the like
            with Todd there though. HEH!
            Anyway, what is there going to be to eat when we get together?
            Sorry, I know that Lynne Rae is a good cook and it is dinner time
            right now...

            <wakelesskites@...> wrote:

            > That is so funny, for so many reasons.............not! Actually I
            think
            > that flyin a kite in a snow storm could be pretty interesting,
            with a 5
            > to 7or8 mph wind, snow flakes coming down, snow on the ground,
            yeah that
            > would be cool. The only thing that would make it better would be
            doin it
            > at like, a deep frozen mountain lake with a snow board. I think I
            would
            > like to try power snow kite flyin. mainly because..
            >
            > HERE IT COMES.....
            >
            > WINTER, SNOW, COLD, AND SNOW....
            >

            > but back to the serious stuff. A meeting of the minds amoung the
            kite
            > fliers we know, who know how to have fun, and are not to
            opinionated,
            > (crap did I say that out loud) It doesn't have to be right away,
            might
            > be fun to make it a kite making meeting. We all come up with plans
            for a
            > simple, kid style kite that we can make real fast, easy but cool
            and
            > durable. We all post our ideas and then vote on it. Then we meet
            at my
            > house, bring our supplies and make em, and meanwhile we are at it.
            >
            > How's that sound?
            >
            > Kevin
            >

            > --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Copeland" <todd@>
            wrote:

            > > I could fly this weekend but I don't think anyone will want to.
            it
            > looks
            > > like it will be snowing.
            > >

            > > _____

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 10, 2008

              Ahh the wind and the snow and the freezing temps... oh joy oh joy.

              I am for a get together sometime in the future, I have some repairs that need to be made and I have a few projects I'd like to do over the winter season as well. Now that the homestead is nearly complete, the timing couldn't be more perfect!

              -Jeff

              rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:utahkitefliers%40yahoogroups.com">utahkitefliers@ yahoogroups. com

              ymailto="mailto:utahkitefliers%40yahoogroups.com">utahkitefliers@ yahoogroups. com, Jeff jeffersz@ wrote:

              > > > Well some of us have been busy moving and haven't had access to
              > read.
              > > >
              > > > But I think I've made my position perfectly clear on a number
              of
              > > occasions, as well as discussed it in person with many of you.
              > > >
              > > > I'll be more vocal once things are back to normal.
              > > >
              > > > -Jeff

            • Kevin Bayless
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 11, 2008

                OK so when?  and do we want to make it a workshop meeting? As far as food goes, we could Bob's bean soup, chilli, superbowl soup, or chowder.

                i think we need to come up with some ideas to make some money for our group to buy some supplies, spars, fabric, line etc... We need to figure out what to make as a team kite, bring your delta style stunters for some good old fashioned reverse engineering.

                As much as winter sucks it is the best time for being in the shop, and my shop is always open to all of you. Here's a thought, how bout meeting on Monday nights, during the football game?

                Jeff could you email your cad for the Genki. Thanks

              • Tad
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 11, 2008
                  Guys,

                  Mondays are ok. But Fridays are better. That way we could stay later
                  and partake in a little antifreeze. Just my opinion.
                  AHHHHHH...Bobs beans! Don't know if I remember how to make em. But I
                  think I could still pull it off.
                  How much money do we think we would need? Did someone talk about
                  club dues in the past? Maybe we all kick in for the team kites to
                  start with and then figure out how to make cash flow happen during
                  the meeting.