Re: [utahkitefliers] Flying with the club

  • Rachel Wentz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Heh.  Yeah, I've been pretty non-communicative. =\
      It's not that I'm not interested, I swear! ;)  Life just seems to get in the way.

      Unfortunately I've developed pretty serious tendinitis in one wrist, and trying to baby it along has exacerbated the carpal & cubital tunnel injuries in my other arm, so I've had both wrists and an elbow in braces most of the summer and I'm not supposed to be typing if I can help it...  (I think my orthopedic surgeon would probably have disallowed me from any serious kiting, if he actually understood what serious kiting was...)

      I haven't actually had a kite up since the fourth of July-- and that was just one little delta to amuse my nieces and nephews.  No ground stakes or anything!  Pretty pitiful for the summer, really.

      I *do* read all the messages here... I just don't reply.
      I think I'm the closest one to Spanish Fork by a long shot, and I actually *am* interested in flying with y'all (despite all evidence to the contrary), but my team is in a volleyball tournament that weekend, so I'll be in a high school gymnasium someplace.  (Actually, that will be the case for many weekends during the autumn season.)

      I was so excited about the start of a club in this area, but I don't seem to be very participatory so far.
      I *am* hoping to improve though.  Everyone is saying my right wrist is non-operable, so I guess I'll just need to learn to work around it.  I'm definitely sufficiently stubborn/pig-headed to find a way, given time.  (Not going to wuss out and only fly stuff that can go on 50# line, that's for sure.)  The typing... I'm not sure about.  But even if I don't respond much, I'll be reading along.  :)

      On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Todd Copeland <todd@...> wrote:

      Rachel, we've not heard from you and I was wondering if you might still
      be interested in getting together with the club and flying some day. We
      have an offer to fly at Spanish Fork on 9/5 and 9/6, do you think you
      might be able to make it out?