Idaho Kite Festival, Idaho Falls, ID

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
      Just a quick email on the Kite Festival in Idaho Falls, ID next month....

      It will be taking place at the same location, Sandy Downs in Idaho Falls. This year it will be headed up by the Bangel Breeze, a new kite club at the University. They are working out the details but plan on adding a few more things to this event. This year the event willl span 4/26, 27th and 28th. The 26th is a Friday and some people will be meeting out at Sandy Downs the evening for news coverage. The main event will then take place all day Saturday and Sunday this year.

      One item that they are looking into is possibly havnig an indoor fly either on Thursday evening or Friday during the day They may also have a section of Sandy Downs for disc golf and RC planes.

      Sandy Downs:
      1860 East 65th South, Idaho Falls, ID 83404

      I usually head up Friday afternoon and fly some kites in the afternoon. This year I'll certainly be staying through Sunday (I would be heading back Sunday after the event).
    • stephenburky
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
        I plan on going if there's room in your truck for two kite bags lol

        Sent from my Galaxy S®III

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
          There will be PLENTY of room!

          I was thinking about taking the car.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013

            I’m working on Fri PM, Sat is a go.  Sunday I have to be back in Utah .  (What could be worse?)

            The Bengal Breeze?  Are they from Idaho State ?  If they are, I’ll wear my Weber State Purple and White.

             I’ll bring  my dual line kite and see if I can get it in the air.

            Monte

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 7, 2013
              I am going to try and schedule a trip to visit family and attend, it's been a few years since the wife and I have made it up to Idaho Falls for this event. The date is perfect, as my season ski pass should be useless by then, they're slated to close on the 14th. LOL.

              -Jeff

              Sent from my iPad

[...]

            • Scott Madsen
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
                I'll try and make it, a little early for me to know yet.

                Wish you all were at Kite Party 11 now!  Storm has moved out and the sky and wind are amazing!

                -Scott

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 13, 2013
                  I am working on being there, not sure which days yet. Can you find out more info abou the rc plane stuff, maybe I will bring mine too.

                  From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013
                    Hey, is there any plan for a Bear Lake kite fly? A group from the Boise area are planning a Bear Lake/Caving/Lava soak weekend on the June 21 weekend, and I was hoping that might coincide with BL kite fly? Any chance?
                    Thanks, Micki

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013
                      I've always thought two flies at Bear Lake with be a good thing. I know Dean, I and a few others have talked about a bigger fun fly around the last week of September. Matching up a fun flu with the Bengal Breeze in June sounds like a good plan. I'll shoot an email to Bill and see if we can work out some details.

                      On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 6:54 PM, idahokitefestival <kawamart@...> wrote:
                      Hey, is there any plan for a Bear Lake kite fly?  A group from the Boise area are planning a Bear Lake/Caving/Lava soak weekend on the June 21 weekend, and I was hoping that might coincide with BL kite fly?  Any chance?
                      Thanks, Micki

                      --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "steven.scherry" <steven.scherry@...> wrote:

                      > I am working on being there, not sure which days yet. Can you find out more info abou the rc plane stuff, maybe I will bring mine too.
                      >

                      > From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          utahkitefliers-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          utahkitefliers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Monte Anderson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 2 9:02 PM

                        What will be happening Fri PM and when will it began?

                        Monte

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 2 9:06 PM
                          As I understand it now, nothing official... it's when the news usually shows up to do taping for Friday evening on the news.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 2 10:28 PM

                            Hello Utah kiters, could someone get a few pics of this Idaho Festival? If they are around 1mb or larger file size I could submit them to Phil for the next issue of Kiting magazine.

                            Also. I would like to know more about this "Bangel Breeze" kite club. Are they students from Bangladesh? If so then you've got potential for a seriously awesome Fighter kite team! R

                            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android