Times for events.

  • Monte Anderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2012

      Todd:

      What will be the start time on the Earthwell event on Sat, 25 Aug?  Also you mentioned International Days of 18 Aug.  Please refresh my memory on that one, I’m drawing a blank.  Start time and location is what I need.

      Thanks,

      Monte

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 12, 2012
        International Days - South Jordan UT
        August 18 (Saturday) 2pm - 10pm

        Daybreak's SoDa Row located at Kestral Rise Road and Daybreak View Parkway in South Jordan.

        114th South exit off I-15, head west. It's about 7 (?) miles. Go past the large round about at the District and over Bangerter. At the end of 114th S the road starts to curve to the right. The large dirt field on the left is the flying field. The Bol races will tak place across the street in a grassy park.

        The entire event runs from 8/14 through 8/14 but the kite festival portion will only be on 8/18.

        "The Kite Festival will be the last event of International Days with a closing ceremony scheduled for 6 pm featuring a representative of the City Council and the International Organization of Folkart Festivals. Winners of the Kite Parades will be introduced during the closing ceremony"

        Bol races at 3pm and 5:30pm

        The street were the event will take place will be closed early in the morning

        I sent some photos out a few months ago of the field where we will be flying. I'm going to go out this weekend and get some more and check on the current conditions. As mentioned, it's a dirt field with some rocks. It's not the best but it's not as bad as it sounds.

        I'm working on getting the parking details and will send them out but I don't think parking will be an issue.

        Dog stakes won't work in the dirt field. There are some stakes already in the field. These should be covered with PVC but can still be used to stake kites. Rebar will work just fine and I should have several if you'd like to use them.

        I plan on getting out there around noon. Will fly until it's dark

        Earthwell Festival
        8/26 and 8/26
        Jordanelle State Park

        Saturday 10am - 6pm
        Sunday 10am - 5pm

        From Salt Lake City: (28 minutes)

        1. Take I-80 East past Kimball Jct to exit 146/ Hwy 40
        2. Take Exit 146/ Hwy 40 towards Park City & Heber
        3. Travel 8 miles and take Exit 8 into Jordanell State Park.

        Let the people at the front gate know that you are with the Utah Kite Fliers so you can get in without a charge.

        * No styrofoam containers or disposable plastic bottles allowed.

        There will also be food/drinks sold at this event. I don't now for sure but I think Earthwell might buy us lunch. This is a big event. There will be around 50 mechants, with bands playing all day.