Kite Festivals

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
      The fun fly at the Taylorsville Rec. Center was fun... difficult as it was
      so windy but fun. This season has really been odd, at least so far. Usually
      we see 0-4mph winds in this area but so far you'd be hard pressed to find a
      day that has been less then 15mph. I think at the last fun fly the winds
      were 25mph.

      Keep in mind that International Days is on August 18 (Saturday) in South
      Jordan. We will be flying in a large open field that is open to wind from
      any direction. The ground is not the best... but it's not bad. There are no
      trees or power lines anywhere in the area and people would be able to see
      the kites for miles.

      I've checked the Bear Lake scheduled and don't see that they have a kite
      festival planned for this year (also, it was set for June last year). I'd
      still like to have a fun fly at that location and I know Dean with Sunrise
      kites was interested. I'll see if I can have a conversation with the Park
      Manager at that location and see what he says. From what Dean told me last
      year, he was all for it. I'd like to fly out there Saturday and Sunday as
      it's such a beautiful spot. In the afternoon the winds are nice and steady
      off the lake. I've looked at the level of the lake and it's down a couple of
      feet from last year. I'm guessing that they probably gains a few hundred
      feet of beach. Maybe we could do something toward the end of July?

      I was sent an email that the people at the Earthwell Festival would like for
      us to fly kites. It's at Jordanelle State Park on August 25th and 26th. I
      don't have the details yet but will find out next week. Anyone interested?
      Perhaps we could fly on the beach if there is an area that is large enough.