double frame on revs

  • Scott Madsen
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6 8:54 PM
      Hey, just got a Rev B series 1.5 Std package from the Kite Shoppee and the product info says you can double up the leading edge frame sliding the 2 and 3 wrap rods in the sleeve at the same time.  There are only one end cap on each end, so does simple tension hold the second set or rods in place or what?  Anyone know what this means?

      Thanks!

      Scott Madsen
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6 9:07 PM

        I have not done it in awhile but I think that is correct, tension holds the second one in. I think I’ve only installed them both just once and that was to see how it worked. 95% of the time I fly with the 3 wrap in the leading edge. I then only swap out the verticals depending on the wind.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7 7:49 PM
          I picked up a Rev 1.5 SLE a little over a month ago so I cannot give this a shot. The diameter of the SLE rod that came with my kite is huge - it takes up the entire leading edge sleeve -a pretty snug fit sliding it in.

          On a side note - pretty decent winds up here in Davis County this evening. I was able to have a few rare moments of nice "clean" wind for a few minutes at a time. Usually followed up by a few minutes of "HOLY CRAP HOLD ON!" gusts. haha.

          One of these days we'll need to get together and Rev it up.

          Mark

          --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Todd Copeland" <todd@...> wrote:

          > I have not done it in awhile but I think that is correct, tension holds the
          > second one in. I think I've only installed them both just once and that was
          > to see how it worked. 95% of the time I fly with the 3 wrap in the leading
          > edge. I then only swap out the verticals depending on the wind.
          >

          > _____

        • Scott Madsen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7 8:06 PM
            Thanks Mark.  I think Todd is right about the tensioning holding the doubled rods in place (side by side).  When I heard the description I figured it would be a case on one rod resting within the other, but they seem to be the same diameter in spite of the 2 vs 3 wrap thing.  Go figure.

            Mostly blowing like hell the last couple of days.  Always happens when I get new kites.  Of course as Steve B knows, my latest addiction is the 0-3mph Emong.  I did get a good hour to fly that last Friday afternoon before the winds came up.  Ah, spring in Utah.

            I'll be starting my field season at work soon, but will post here whenever I'm headed out to fly locally.  I hope others will do the same, maybe we can meet up!

            Take care all,

            Scott

            Message 5 of 6 , May 7 9:27 PM

              The B series Rev has the smaller rods for the leading edge, the same as the SLE has for the verticals. The SLE leading edge rods are much larger.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 7 10:44 PM
                Yeah, and I just double checked.  All of the rods (both 2 and 3 wrap) for this B series are the same length and diameter except for the middle leading edge rod that has the ferrules on each end.  The outside leading edge rods are the same as the verticals.