I had to come back.

  • Monte Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011

      Yes, I had to come back.  And as soon as I got out of the car in Ogden , I was ready to go back.  I got to fly kites for a while at Point Reyes , CA and only two days in Hawaii .  We spent the rest of the time helping our daughter, the one with a kite collection, get ready to move.  My three week vacation in Hawaii turned out to be 45 days of hard labor.  I think I would have had more fun visiting Sheriff Joe in AZ

      I can hardly wait for next spring when life well be worth living.

      My 74th birthday occurred this week end and I’m setting here in my golden years freezing my rear end off.

      Monte

    • Wentzium
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2011
        Awww.  I'm sorry you're freezing your rear off, Monte! (it is snowing here and the roads are *very* icy!) and more sorry that you were sentenced to hard labor on your vacation!  Hopefully you'll get a decent rest now that you are home?

        As I was driving to work this morning, my mind wandered, and as my wheels began to spin on the ice I snapped out of my reverie and realized that I'd been thinking, "Well.  On the plus side, this will probably get those soccer players off my kite field... and if I take the kite inside to dry afterwards, that'll work out..."

        Heheh.  Incorrigible!
        -Rachel

        On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Monte Anderson <monteanderson37@...> wrote:

        Yes, I had to come back.  And as soon as I got out of the car in Ogden, I was ready to go back.  I got to fly kites for a while at Point Reyes, CA and only two days in Hawaii.  We spent the rest of the time helping our daughter, the one with a kite collection, get ready to move.  My three week vacation in Hawaii turned out to be 45 days of hard labor.  I think I would have had more fun visiting Sheriff Joe in AZ

        I can hardly wait for next spring when life well be worth living.

        My 74th birthday occurred this week end and I’m setting here in my golden years freezing my rear end off.

        Monte

      • idahokitefestival
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2011
          oh poor baby - only a little more than 7 weeks in paradise. i'm headed for deep snow and smiling all the way.
          Merry Christmas, everybody!
          Micki

          --- In utahkitefliers@yahoogroups.com, "Monte Anderson" <monteanderson37@...> wrote:

          > Yes, I had to come back. And as soon as I got out of the car in Ogden, I
          > was ready to go back. I got to fly kites for a while at Point Reyes, CA and
          > only two days in Hawaii. We spent the rest of the time helping our
          > daughter, the one with a kite collection, get ready to move. My three week
          > vacation in Hawaii turned out to be 45 days of hard labor. I think I would
          > have had more fun visiting Sheriff Joe in AZ
          >

          > I can hardly wait for next spring when life well be worth living.
          >

          > My 74th birthday occurred this week end and I'm setting here in my golden
          > years freezing my rear end off.
          >

          > Monte

        • idahokitefestival
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2011