MAKR Bol

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2011
      I mentioned putting on a MAKR bol workshop in the next couple of months.
      Right now I'm shooting for the end of January or the first part of February.
      The cost is going to be $25 each and you are more than welcome to make more
      than one. However, there will only be enough time to make one at the
      workshop so in order to make more you'd need to have a sewing machine at
      home. I have a couple of extra machines in case you don't have one already.

      If you would like to participate, please let me know what colors you'd like.
      The plans for the bol are located here with a photo:

      http://www.kitebuilder.com/wiki/pmwiki.php/KitePlans/00049

      The colors to choose from are located here:

      http://www.kiteco-op.com/Page4.html

      The price includes the fabric (3 1/2 yards), a ball bearing swivel (the best
      out there as these need them), reinforcement patches and bridles.

      If you would like to build one, please let me know what color fabric you
      would like. The bol takes 10' of fabric so please let me know how much of
      each color.

      ** Please let me know in the next week or two what color fabric you'd like.
      I will pay for the items and collect when we have the project. I'd like to
      know asap as I've having fabric shipped anyway so I can include this. Please
      understand, this price is either at cost or more likely, just under cost.

      This is an easy project to make so you don't need any experience. Bols also
      make great ground displays and can be flown under most single line kites.
    • idahokitefestival
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2011
        Suh-weet. I want to attend, but can't make that decision this week.
        Where will it be held? Later is better for me, from a weather standpoint. And when's the latest I can decide?
        Thanks, Todd - it's a cool project.
        Micki, Nampa ID

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2011
          Sorry for the delay... tons of things going on all at once. Unless you are
          going to be in the area, that I a long haul just to make a bol. It's up to
          you though... you can always stay at my house. Plenty of extra rooms.

          We will have it at my house, in the basement. Should be plenty of room. I'd
          like to order fabric by next week as I can then have it shipped for free but
          people are not telling me what colors they want. The bol is 12 panels and
          requires 3.5 yards of fabric.

          It should be around the first week of February (kind of the 1/2 way point
          between now and the kite events in April).

          If anyone can tell me their colors now, I'll order the fabric. I'll then
          order the swivels and bridle line after that.

          Colors are here:

          http://www.kiteco-op.com/Page4.html

          I'll precut the fabric and reinforcements so that it just needs to be sewn
          together and bridled. This also cuts the build time down to 1 day. I can
          also mail out the parts just as easy.

          I you order now you won't need to pay until later and if you need to back
          out for some reason it's not a big deal (I can always use some extra fabric
          and swivels).