International Day - Kite Festival

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011
      I just got back from a meeting with Shawda who heads up International Day in
      the Daybreak/South Jordan area. This event will be in August of next year
      and looks to be really good. Last year they had kids build and fly kites but
      really want to make this more into a kite festival next year. We looked
      around at the area and there is a good spot to fly. Its _very_ big, no trees
      or anything around and it can be seen for miles! It's unimproved land so
      it's basically some gravel and dirt but it's really not bad. I've posted
      some pictures I took of the area:

      https://picasaweb.google.com/109452900894715358257/SiteForInternationalDay?a
      uthuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCM3xgpz2q7X5eg&feat=directlink

      The sky is the limit and we can set up SLK as well as fly multi line kites.
      She'd love to see some demo/comp stuff and even a Rok battle. If the winds
      are good any place, they would be great at this location. There is also a
      small park on caddy corner that would be good for bol races.

      This is an event that they would like to have every year and would like to
      see it get bigger and bigger.

      I'm really looking forward to this event next year and it adds yet another
      event to look forward to. Lots of stuff coming up in 2012!