November 12

  • SRad
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2011
      Can anyone tell us what is planned for November 12 this year and where it is and what it is and when we can sign up?

      Sheri Rad
    • Kelley Lindberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2011

        Hi,

        Here is the link to all the Nov 12 Conference information. http://www.scbwi.org/Regional-Chapters.aspx?R=49&sec=Conf

        As you scroll down, you’ll see the schedule, registration instructions, instructions for manuscript consultations, etc. Registration is now open.

        An email with this info and link went out a couple of weeks ago – I’m sorry you didn’t see it.

        A reminder to everyone – if you’ve signed up for a manuscript consultation, your first ten pages of your manuscript must be mailed by Oct 25, which is next Tuesday. Don’t delay! Get those first ten pages polished up and in the mail! See the website for info and address.

        It’s going to be a great conference! Our speakers are outstanding this year:

        * Katherine Jacobs, Associate Editor, Roaring Brook Press (topic TBA)

        * Eve Adler, Editor, Grosset & Dunlap , whose topic is “Great Expectations and How to Set Them Up”

        * Caroline Abbey, Editor, Bloomsbury Children’s Books , who will help us navigate “The How, What, Where of Characters”

        * Brian Eugenio Herrera, Assistant Professor, Univ. of New Mexico , who will teach us the art of an effective pitch.

        Can’t wait to see you all there!

        Kelley

        Visit my food allergy blog at www.foodallergyfeast.blogspot.com.

        "In a cooler world, I'd be allergic to school." -- my son