SCBWI Editor's Day in Salt Lake Nov. 12?

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
      Hello,

      Does anyone know where I can get details about the upcoming conference/editor's day? My e-mail to Sydney seems to be bouncing.

      Thanks,
      Sarah Tregay

      LOVE AND LEFTOVERS, HarperCollins, January 1, 2012
      www.sarahtregay.com
    • Joelene Coleman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011
        Upcoming Events

        Craft Workshop

        DATE: November 2, 2011
        CONTACT: Sydney Salter Husseman
        LOCATION/TIME: City Library (210 East 400 South, Salt Lake City), 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

         Speaker & topic TBA.

        DATE: November 2, 2011
        CONTACT: Sydney Salter Husseman
        LOCATION/TIME: City Library (210 East 400 South, Salt Lake City), 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

        Hope this is what you're looking for!

        Joelene Coleman
        Author  Harley Brooks - "Untangling superheroes from their capes"
        www.jcolemanauthor.blogspot.com

        LOVE AND LEFTOVERS, HarperCollins, January 1, 2012
        www.sarahtregay.com

      • Kelley Lindberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2011

          I just talked to Sydney and confirmed… She will send out complete info about the Editor’s Day this Saturday, which is the day registration opens (Oct 1). She is now finalizing topics with the speakers so she can send out complete info on Saturday. She did list the speakers in the September Utah/S-Idaho regional newsletter email that came out on 9/6/11. Here is what that newsletter said:

          Editor’s Day, November 12, 2011 at the City Library (210 East 400 South, Salt Lake City ). Speakers will be Katherine Jacobs from Roaring Brook Press, Eve Adler from Grosset and Dunlap, and Caroline Abbey from Bloomsbury Children’s Books. The day will include lectures on craft, a how-to-pitch workshop, and genre breakouts.

          Cost: $110 for members, $130 for non-members, Critiques and Portfolio reviews will be an additional $45. Lunch is provided. REGISTRATION OPENS OCTOBER 1ST
          .

          Also, Sydney had to get rid of the mindspring email address, so the new address for her and for our SCBWI chapter is now:

          u.i.scbwi@...

          Sorry for the confusion. Changing email addresses is always such a pain, and she’s sorry! (She’s also swamped with getting the conference finalized, which is why I’m responding for her.) Thanks for your patience. This conference looks outstanding, and I’m looking forward to seeing you all there!

          Thanks,

          Kelley Lindberg

          Visit my food allergy blog at www.foodallergyfeast.blogspot.com.

          "In a cooler world, I'd be allergic to school." -- my son

          LOVE AND LEFTOVERS, HarperCollins, January 1, 2012
          www.sarahtregay.com

        • S Tregay
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2011
            Thanks Kelley!

            Sarah

            LOVE AND LEFTOVERS, HarperCollins, January 2012
            sarahtregay@...
            www.sarahtregay.com