Re: [utah_acappella] past successes you've all had....octappella

  • Don Gooding
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
      At 10:08 PM 2/4/2002 +0000, inspiredideasmusic wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      >I was curious if any of you have heard of OCTAPPELLA?

      I haven't.

      >They are a 8-
      >man a cappella group that is quickly gaining a lot of exposure and
      >really establishing a name for themselves! They are incredible!
      >They were also asked to perform during the entire winter olympics!
      >Anyways....just curious what you all know about them.
      >
      >How have you all had successes in growing your a cappella groups?
      >How have you advertised? How have you gotten a name for yourselves?

      Assuming you're trying to get exposure outside of your local area...

      1) enter the Harmony Sweepstakes. And win, first time.
      2) record a great CD (I'd advise using the help of someone who's
      done that before). Enter the Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards.
      And win.
      3) Get known by the a cappella "thought leaders"
      4) Participate in online forums like rec.music.a-cappella
      5) Make sure you start a fan email list and work like crazy to
      build the list and keep those fans happy with just enough communications
      6) Make fans of local and regional music editors
      7) Do a free appearance hosting a mega BYU a cappella extravaganza.

      Good luck!

      Don Gooding
      Mainely A CAPPELLA http://www.a-cappella.com
      don@... P.O. Box 159/19 Clark Point Rd. #3
      800-827-2936 Southwest Harbor, ME 04679
      207-244-7603 (overseas calls) 207-244-7613 (fax)
      WEB STORE: http://mac3.a-cappella.com/shop
      Now with more than 20,000 sound files!