SLAW--the first ever Salt Lake A CAPPELLA Workshop

  • Jennifer Hajj
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2002
      Apologies if you've already received this.

      I am happy that I can finally announce the details of the upcoming Salt Lake A CAPPELLA Workshop (SLAW for short), featuring Richard Bob Greene from the Bobs!  Richard will be leading us through some wonderful topics, such as the History (and future) of A cappella music, Creative Arranging for Voices, Recording Techniques and Special Techniques for Bass Singers.  And that's not all!  Also featured are Claudine Martin-Yurth (a yoga expert) and Dr. David Hill, who will talk about the mechanics of the voice and how to keep it healthy.  There will also be Masterclasses with Richard...stay tuned for details on how your group can have this opportunity!  And don't miss the Resource fair, with lots of vendors who cater specifically to the realm of A cappella in Utah:  places where you can get gear or services from experts who understand how a cappella is different.  This event is bound to be a heckuvalot of fun!

      WHEN:      Friday, March 8th  6:30 pm registration/check-in
                     7:00 - 9:30 pm workshop sessions

                    Saturday, March 9th  8:00 am registration/check-in
                    8:30  am - 6:00 pm workshop sessions

      WHERE:    the Gore Auditorium on the campus of Westminster College of Salt Lake City.

      HOW MUCH:   $35.00 per person, plus $8.00 for boxed lunch if desired.
                         $25.00 student rate.

      HOW TO REGISTER:  I don't have online registration available, so please e-mail me and I'll get you set up.  jenhajj@...

      MASTERCLASSES:  Audition to be one of 3 groups who get personalized attention from Richard Greene!  Winners will recieve the following:

      *  One 30 minute Masterclass session with Richard Greene
      *  A spot in the kick-off mini-concert on March 9th
      *  Waived registration fees for your entire group

      TO AUDITION:

      * Send an audition tape or CD
      * Application and entry fee ($20)

      Please contact me if you're interested and I will send you an entry form.  jenhajj@...
      Winning groups will be selected by Richard Greene.

      Seating is limited, so register early.

      Jen Hajj
      SLAW Producer