What should be served at Cappella functions

  • utahvegan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      HEALTH

      The Latter Day Saints are known for promotion of health. The body
      is considered a shrine.
      Scott Smith, former editor of Vegetarian World, and coauthor with
      Gerald Carson of ANIMALS AND THE GOSPEL
      a book on LDS vegetarianism, was attacted by all aspects
      of animal free diet.

      The Word of Wisdom says meat should be used only as a condiment.

      Mormons are told to avoid caffein, which is dioxypurine. Yet not all
      know that uric acid in animal flesh, which is trioxypurine is more
      harmful than caffeine.
      Three oxypurines are more harmful than two.

      The LDS and Seventh Day Adventists were compared in a US government 7
      year study, since neither smoke nor drink. Nonsmoking nondrinking
      subjects were selected and in the SDA group vegetarians were
      selected. The SDA lifespan was 7 years
      longer in the 7 year study.

      At least one Utah university is endangering the public health
      with anthrax research. Some anthrax researchers have objected
      to security. It seems they want more freedom for anthrax spores.
      Anthrax originates in the flesh of animals, and has been called
      'wool sorters' disease' while smallpox was originally called
      kine pox or cow pox before the meat industry sought to
      obscure its connections to animal flesh.

      ETHICS

      We are seeking information on whether or not the Church
      still owns the King Ranch of Florida, the US' biggest ranch
      containing animals bound for slaughter.

      The church has allowed church lands to be used in some cases
      for hunting. Clergymen in other religions have
      also been criticized for human chauvinism.

      One midwest bishop told an LDS vegetarian that his ethics
      was 'sentiment', a word which with 'anthropomorphism' is used to
      demean the dignity and rights of animals.

      FACTORY FARMS

      The cattle, pork and sheep industries have controlled Utah
      politicians, perhaps since the inception of the state.
      One of the worst animal abusers is Circle Four, a factory
      farmer of pigs.

      AUTHORITY

      Mormons are naturally respectful of authority, and along
      with Catholics are recruited by the CIA because of this.
      However it is abuse of this trait for the government to make
      Utah the storage house for 130 million dollars of weaponized
      anthrax at Dugway Proving Ground. Humans as well as animals
      have been made into 'guinea pigs'. John Wayne's death, and that
      of several actors, was blamed partly on the radioactivity
      from Nevada nuclear tests contaminating the Utah desert.
      The government has bombed the desert also with anthrax,
      and sheep pandemics have been the result.

      WOMEN
      LDS women are joining other women in the world in demanding
      equity as well as speaking out against the polygamy still
      overlooked by breakaway LDS in parts of Utah.

      It is women who are over 95% of the abused animals.
      It is women animals whose milk and eggs are stolen.
      http://www.notmilk.com
    • John Tucker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
        utahvegan -

        Although not a vegetarian or vegan myself, I certainly
        respect your opinion on the matter. However - is this
        really a topic for an acapella group? I don't see the
        connection... looks more like something for a
        religious discussion or a health and wellness
        discussion.

        -John T.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Todd Becraft
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          I'll give an "amen" to what John had to say. I didn't sign up for the Utah
          A Cappella site to hear left wing complaints from people with very twisted
          information.

          Todd B.