Help, Advice, Singing

  • unglee1979
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hi,

      I'm the tour manager for The Roaring 20, a coed a cappella
      group from Princeton University. I'm trying to bring us out to SLC
      from January 27,--February 2, 2002. I was out in Park City last
      winter, and had the most amazing time, so I wanted to bring my
      group there this year. Plus my girlfriend is from Utah. :-)

      I have two questions, one for business and one for FUN:

      --Does anyone have any advice about getting shows in the
      SLC/Park City area? I'm having some trouble and would love to
      get some contacts or tips about a cappella-friendly venues.

      --Do any of the a cappella groups out there want to get together
      and have a small concert? Maybe at BYU or University of Utah? I
      think it'd be so much fun if we got together for a jam, and
      hopefully we could even get a ton of people there.

      Let me know what you think! Please reply to
      unglee@..., or you can call me anytime at
      646-228-9399.

      Take care!

      Ung Lee
    • Glen Sawyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
        > I'm trying to bring us out to SLC
        > from January 27,--February 2, 2002.

        > --Do any of the a cappella groups out there want to get together
        > and have a small concert? Maybe at BYU or University of Utah?

        Probably not at BYU right then. The ICCA (International Championship of
        Collegiate A cappella) is having a regional competition in Provo on Feb. 2.
        College groups from Colorado and Utah will be singing, and two groups chosen
        by the judges will advance to the semi-finals in California.
        All the BYU a cappella people will probably be busy setting up and promoting
        that show.

        -Glen