benefit update and what we're up to

  • Jennifer Hajj
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2001

      Hi all,

      Sugarhouse Voices has been trying to put together an awesome concert as a benefit for the Red Cross Liberty Fund.  Unfortunately, we've run into some problems with venues.  We have several venues that have offered their space for free, but they are not available when we want them.  One of them is still under construction!

      We're proposing something different.  Something a little farther out.

      March 11th is the 6 month anniversary of the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania and Washington DC.  We would like to target that date for an "Harmonic Convergence" concert featuring you, the a cappella groups of Utah, raising money for the Red Cross and food for the Utah Food Bank.

      We're also discussing dates with Deke Sharon to bring him to Utah and offer the Total Vocal Workshop to local groups.  We want to do this in March, too, perhaps in conjunction with the benefit concert.  This oughtta be outstanding!  Sugarhouse Voices just came back from the workshop in Denver, and it was an extraordinary event.  Deke is inspirational and knows pretty much everything there is to know about using the voice, managing an a cappella group, arranging music for your group...well, the list goes on and on.  Registration fees are going to be somewhere around $30 per group for an 8-10 hour seminar.  There will also be an individual rate for those who don't have a group or the whole group can't attend.  If you think this is something you gotta gotta gotta do, please send me an e-mail at jenhajj@....  I want to get an idea of how many would register if we offered this workshop.  There will also be masterclasses available.  If you have any questions about the content or what I got out of the workshop, I'm happy to share.

      In Harmony,

      Jen Hajj