announcements

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2001

      Here's the word on stuff.

      A Cappella Night @ Johnny B�s Wed. Oct 3rd � doors open 7:45pm, $5 general admiss. $3 high school or younger.  Call 427-1021 for more details.  Performing:  The Wilson Sisters from Orem; others to be announced.  Johnny B's: 300 S. 177 W. Provo.  Park by the car wash.  Come.  Eat.  Get Jiggy.  Hear the "Kitty Mambo," perhaps.

      We have reconsidered and feel that in light of the recent events in our country, we would like to postpone the Salt Lake A Cappella Invitational and combine our resources with a group in Salt Lake organizing an a cappella benefit concert in Salt Lake in early November.  When we get the date we will contact you.  If you are interested in volunteering to help, information will be available soon.

      Other upcoming a cappella nights: Nov. 16 @ Barnes and Noble in Orem

      Dec. 1 @ B & N in Orem � all Christmas Music!!!!

      Also in the works: a cappella night at Doc�s all-you-can eat pizza and Eatza Pizza all-you-can-eat pizza.

      If you are interested in having your group sing at a cappella night, contact Tim at 427-1021 or email

      We need your group to sing at Provo City First Friday this Friday October 5 � contact me NOW if you want to sing. Also need groups for the first Friday night in November and December. So lemme know. The gig will consist of singing outside of or in art galleries along center street in provo. It is volunteer but tons of fun and great exposure.   Call me -- 427-1021.

      Make sure to check out for more info on upcoming shows. And please, notify Tim of all your upcoming shows so they can get posted on the Utah A Cappella site.

      Also, I am in "Forever Dead" at the Off Broadway Theater in Salt Lake City (3rd South Main Street or so).  "Forever Dead" is a parody of "Forever Plaid" featuring 4 movie monsters, the Mummy, Wolfman, Frankenstein, and Dracula (me).  It is a rip-snortin' good show and there are discount tickets and group rates available!!  The Show plays monday, thursday, and friday through the end of October.  You will love the show.  And, we even do an a cappella parody of "Blue Moon."  The show was written by Eric Jensen of Quick Wits (now Laughing Stock) fame.  Funny.  Call me, or check out www.theobt.com.

      Sing Crazy ya'll.