Mister Tim : Vocal Magic Aug 19 in Provo

  • Mister Tim
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2010
      ?Seen the show twice, and I'm excited to see it again. In fact, if
      Mister Tim were the Grateful Dead, I'd be wearing tie-dye and selling
      my car to buy a VW Van so I could follow him all over the
      country.??This show really IS magic. I end up smiling the whole time,
      wondering what will come next. The mix of improv and rehearsed music
      is exciting (and last show, reviewers couldn't tell the difference
      between the two--thought it was all rehearsed). It's moody,
      melancholy, odd, beautiful, and compelling. Grabs you, pops you in,
      chews you up, spits you back out, and you've never been so glad to be
      a show's lunch.? -Andrew

      Mister Tim : Vocal Magic
      Thurs Aug 19 7:30 pm
      Brinton Black Box @ Covey Center for the Arts, 425 W. Center Street Provo, UT
      Tickets $8, available in advance at the CCA Ticket Office
      (801) 852-7007
      http://www.coveycenter.org/

      Tickets available through the Covey Center box office: online
      http://coveycenter.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136%3Amr-tim-vocal-magic&catid=2%3Abrinton-black-box-theater&Itemid=10,
      by phone or walk-up. $3 service charge for online and phone purchases.
      Advanced purchase recommended.

      Pulling from elements of his work as a touring singer, musical theater
      actor, songwriter, beatboxer (vocal percussionist), teacher and
      contemporary a cappella voice artist, Mister Tim : Vocal Magic is an
      exploration of the human voice. "Live-looping," or electronically
      layering sounds, Mister Tim builds full songs with just his one voice,
      adding drums, instruments, melodies and harmonies, weaving sonic
      stories with thoughtfully-written original songs and creatively
      twisted covers. Sublime to humorous, with a healthy dose of
      audience-fueled improvisation.

      Mister Tim CDs will be available for purchase before and after the show.

      Please no small children (no children under 8 yrs old, 10 and older
      recommended).

      **Parking is available to patrons in the parking lot off 100 South
      located south of the CCA. There is limited parking on Center Street
      and it is subject to restrictions. Those parking on Center Street do
      so at their own risk and CCA is not responsible for tickets or fines
      accrued.

      http://www.mistertimdotcom.com/