A Cappellastock

  • jaredlangdonallen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008
      Entertainment legend XRP—an a cappella group composed of four former
      Rockapella members—announced it would make its first major appearance
      in 20 years on August 23 at A Cappellastock in Ogden, UT. A
      Cappellastock, celebrating its fifth anniversary, is the world's
      premier, one-night a cappella music event.

      XRP's members, considered by many to be the kings of contemporary a
      cappella music, have released award-winning albums and performed
      concerts around the world, and were featured by Spike Lee in a highly
      acclaimed documentary on a cappella music. Rockapella is remembered
      for their work for Folgers, Almond Joy and the hit program Where In
      The World Is Carmen San Diego. This is XRP's last scheduled
      performance together.

      "We're excited about performing together again. This quartet was
      my 'dream team'—a group that started a movement of awareness and
      appreciation for a cappella music that is still growing, and A
      Cappellastock is the proof of that. We may never sing together again,
      but it's gonna be one heckuva show!" said Barry Carl, XRP bassist,
      who emceed A Cappellastock 2007 and was recently recognized by the
      Contemporary A Cappella Society of America as the "the most
      influential bass singer of the last 30 years."

      "We can't wait to hit that stage. A Cappellastock does it right.
      This is a major league rock show with all the trimmings, and it's the
      biggest and best a cappella concert this side of the Rockies," Carl
      said. "Purely vocal music appeals to all ages. It's inspirational and
      deeply powerful—it just goes straight to the heart. It lifts you up
      instead of beating you down. Like the A Capellastock ad says, who
      needs guitars?"

      In addition to XRP, A Cappellastock'08 will offer fans the
      opportunity to experience the vocal stylings of T Minus 5, Hi-
      Fidelity, Tonic Sol Fa and the Saltaires. These groups, leaders in
      the a cappella community, will come together for one night only to
      provide a true vocal adventure—and a good time for music lovers of
      all ages.

      "Because of what we've created with A Cappellastock—the quality, the
      reputation—we've attracted one of the greatest reunions of all time,"
      said Jeff Peterson from T Minus 5, the conceptual and inspirational
      force behind A Cappellastock. "XRP's involvement has created buzz,
      excitement and a lot of electricity, even inspiring people from Japan
      to come to Utah for the show."

      More than 4,000 people—XRP fans, a cappella enthusiasts and
      entertainment lovers—will attend this year's event. Tickets have
      already been sold in Japan and nearly 10 states.

      Tickets for the show start at $10 and are available at
      www.acappellastock.com or by calling 801-452-1481. For the second
      year, the concert also features a VIP ticket, which includes premium
      seating, dinner on Historic 25th Street in downtown Ogden, a private
      meet-and-greet with the artists and complimentary concessions.

      A Cappellastock will be held at the Ogden Amphitheater, an outdoor
      venue located in the Historic Municipal Gardens on the corner of 25th
      Street and Washington Boulevard in Ogden, UT. In case of inclement
      weather, the event will be held at Ogden High School.

      ABOUT A CAPPELLASTOCK
      Now in its fifth year, A Cappellastock is the world's premier one-
      night a cappella adventure, and magically presents the power of the
      human voice. Each year, A Cappellastock draws award-winning a
      cappella artists and music fans from around the globe.

      # # #
    • Jared Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2008
        If you haven't heard about A Cappellastock, I wanted to send a quick note out to remind you to get your tickets.  A Cappellastock is held in Ogden, Utah on Aug. 23rd.  Come experience the power of the human voice!  We are expecting another sold out crowd of 4000 people.    We have sold tickets from all around the country and as far as Tokyo, Japan!  A Cappellastock has become the largest one night events of its kind.  Get your tickets now and see why Barry Carl said:  "A Cappellastock does it right. This is a major league rock show with all the trimmings…"

        XRP are the former members of Rockapella.  This original group of Rockapella has not performed with each other since '91.  They are the group that kicked off the hit TV game show Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego?, and started the whole contemporary a cappella movement.

        Hi-Fidelity has one of the funniest acts.  For those Star Trek fans they do a tribute to the original Star Trek.  You may have also seen them on Last Call with Carson Daily as the joke explainers or the X Box commercial.

        Tonic Sol Fa creates more sound from just 4 guys then any other group.  They have sold over a million CD's, have their own Christmas special with PBS, and have performed with Jay Leno and many other.  On a personal note they are truly the inspiration of T Minus 5.  Without them we would not have our bass, Fish.

        Of course T Minus 5 will also be performing that night.  We have a few surprises that no other audience has seen yet too.

        Get your tickets at www.acappellastock.com or you can also call me personally at 801-452-1481

        I hope to see you all there!

        --
        Thanks,