New choir in Utah : seeking singers

  • meredithryantaylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hello :-)

      I'm organizing a new choir here in Utah. I thought some of you might
      be interested. About half of our music will be a cappella. I've
      posted the info below.

      All the best,
      Ryan
      _______

      American Fork, Utah - Phoenix Rising seeks experienced singers.

      New choir, Phoenix Rising, seeks singers of all voice types with
      acapella/chamber choir experience. The choir will be limited to 16
      singers. There will be solo opportunities for members of the choir as
      well. Interested singers should contact M. Ryan Taylor at
      mryan@... with a brief listing of past choral experience.
      If applicable, please send brief information about solo experience
      and any instruments played proficiently.

      Rehearsals will begin December 2007, preparing several pieces for
      a "Twelfth Night" concert on January 5th, 2008. "Twelfth Night" is
      the 12th day of Christmas (as in the song) and the concert will focus
      on music of the Christmas season. The concert will be in conjunction
      with several other performing groups, including the American Fork
      Children's choir.

      The Phoenix Rising choir will have a dual focus on renaissance music
      (madrigals & sacred) and works by living composers.

      Rehearsal schedule for "Twelfth Night" concert:

      Dec 4, 7 pm
      Dec 15, 9 am
      Dec 18, 7 pm
      Dec 29, 9 am