Seeking College A cappella Groups for 2007 East Coast A cappella Summit

  • acappellamanager
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2007
      Seeking College A cappella Groups for 2007 East Coast A cappella Summit

      CASA's 2007 East Coast A Cappella Summit is seeking college groups to
      perform on Saturday March 24th, 2007.

      Submission deadline: Feb 28th
      Please send materials asap, as groups will be accepted on a rolling basis.

      Groups will be performing 2-3 songs that evening, all a cappella.

      What we are offering: Free access to all concerts & workshops for the
      entire weekend Mar 23-25th, 2007. Great networking opportunity! Get
      your school's name out there! Sell your group's CDs! Meet professional
      musicians from all over the country! Attend dozens of workshops on
      Saturday & Sunday and concerts from top pro a cappella groups! (And
      don't forget the great partying!)

      How to Audition:
      Please send mp3's, bio & contact information to:
      Summit co-producer Jonathan Minkoff
      Jonathan@casa (dot) org
      212-330-7734
      Application deadline: Feb 28th
      Please send materials asap.

      About the ECS 07:
      CASA's East Coast A cappella Summit

      www.casa.org/eastcoastsummit

      March 23, 24 and 25, 2007

      South Lakes High School

      11400 South Lakes Drive Reston, VA 20191

      Cutting-edge a cappella concerts and more than a dozen master classes
      taught by the masters of a cappella -performers from Broadway to the
      Bronx and beyond. FEATURING PERFORMANCES AND MASTERCLASSES with

      Blue Jupiter [Currently Featured in National Radio Campaign for Oreo]

      Freddie Feldman [Dark Side of the Moon A Cappella, Record Producer]

      Wes Carroll [Vocal Percussionist for The House Jacks and author of the
      DVD Instructional Video "Mouth Drumming"] Jonathan Minkoff [Altavoz,
      RARB, CASA]

      Diana Preisler [The "Voice of MTV", Manager of Blue Jupiter, Broadway
      Performer]

      Mark Surprenant [Founder of NCHSA, The National Championship of High
      School A Cappella]

      PLUS High School A cappella workshops

      A Friday Night Concert

      Masterclasses all day Saturday!

      The Main Event Concert on Saturday Night and matinee concerts!

      Plus afterglows that are the stuff of legends!

      The East Coast A Cappella Summit features the world's best a cappella
      singing. The summit entertains, educates and raises money to support
      CASA's charitable mission to foster and promote a cappella music.

      Make SURE to check out the Detailed Schedule , Travel Info, Hotel
      Deals and for our High School Competitors, the HS Adjudication Rules
      and Agreement. And of course, everyone should Purchase Tickets at:

      http://www.casa.org/eastcoastsummit

      The summit supports innovators, vocalists who stretch the boundaries
      of what the human voice is capable of.

      It is a place of community where singers not only produce stunning
      vocal creations, but we also show each other just how the magic works.

      The summits showcase pop, soul, barbershop, doo-wop, R&B, hard rock,
      new age, funk, comedy, world music, punk and nearly anything else you
      might think of. There's nothing we love better than the challenge:
      "You can't do THAT a cappella." Oh yeah? We'll see about that.

      At the summit, we laugh, we commiserate over our shared problems, we
      poke gentle fun at one another and we explore that powerful, sometimes
      even spiritual experience of creating something infinitely greater
      than the sum of its parts, the very definition of true harmony.

      The East Coast A Cappella Summit is sponsored by the Contemporary A
      Cappella Society (CASA) with generous support from our kind donors.

      Visit: http://www.casa.org/eastcoastsummit
      to purchase tickets for the 2007 East Coast A cappella Summit

      Hotel Info:
      There will be a discounted block of hotel rooms at the Hyatt Regency
      near the venue. Details will be posted shortly!
      For travel & hotel info please Contact: Christina Parke-travel
      coordinator
      summitdiva@gmail (dot) com