Groove Society CD Release

  • Groove Society
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 9:02 PM
      Just want to let everyone know that Groove Society's premiere CD is
      now available!

      Groove Society is a Denver-based jazz/R&B a cappella sextet. We've
      been working extensively in the Rocky Mountain West since 2002 and
      are now ready to let the rest of the world hear what we're about.
      There's something for everyone on this CD: Jazz, Latin, R&B and pop
      styles all infused with modern jazz voicings and grooves that will
      take over your body!

      "Just when you think you may have heard the `best', a vocal group
      completes a long-standing effort to achieve perfection and the
      marker is moved up. From the opening tune, `Oye Como Va' through
      the last ballad `When October Goes', the stylish rhythms and
      phrasings, the impeccable harmonies and stunning solos, and the
      driving blend that never falters, all tell you this is a unique
      effort by a very talented ensemble.... the best I could imagine
      placing before the world stage. It's golden. Acquire it any way
      you can!"
      -Rol Sharette, The Colorado
      Songster

      The CD opens on Tito Puente's "Oye Como Va" complete with Santana-
      like distorted guitar and authentic sounding Latin percussion,
      followed by an intricate, mixed-meter rendition of "Summertime."
      Next up is "Talvez Seja Voce" (formerly titled "Brasilia"), an
      original jazz samba, co-written by our own Joe Herbert, that has
      become a favorite among college jazz choirs around the world! Other
      cuts include LaDamion's lusciously arranged cover of SWV's "Rain",
      and Joe's 10-minute vocal endurance challenger, "Tribute to Earth
      Wind & Fire" that has us singing four EWF songs simultaneously!
      Whether you're into a well-blended ensemble sound or tasty solos, we
      believe that we've created a product that will please any devoted a
      cappella fan.

      The CD can be purchased on our website at www.groovesociety.org .
      Let us know what you think!

      Thanks,