Under the aer

  • Fr. Michael Butler
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      Fathers & Brethren,

      Glory to Jesus Christ.

      Serving the Presanctified Liturgy last night I was struck again by the awesomeness of that particular gesture where the Priest reaches his hand under the aer to touch the Holy Things as he says, Holy Things are for the holy.

      For the sake of me, I can't think of a single type or analogy or explanation for this gesture. All I know is that it is fraught with meaning beyond what I can understand & it is awesome to me.

      If anyone can offer an insight, I would be very grateful.

      May Paradise consume us.

      Fr.M.+