Re: Dormition fast

  • Subdeacon Sergius Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Dear Lisa,
      There is no equivalent usage of a service done nightly during the
      first 14 days of August in Russian usage. The equivalent service is
      actually the Moleben to the Theotokos with the the moleben or
      paraclesis canon. The Russian usage paraclesis canon is the same as
      the "little" or "lesser" paraclesis canon in Greek usage. Greek
      usage
      also has a "great" paraclesis canon. It is my understanding that
      these two canons are done on alternate nights during the 14 day
      period.
      Yours, in XC,
      Sbdn. Sergius