[ustav] Re: ustav digest

  • Lisa Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2000
      >On 29 Jan 00, at 15:15, James Morgan wrote:
      >
      >> but if we
      >> have crumbs, we leave for the birds and other northwest critters, so they
      >> may be blessed!

      A further question about this--How should one dispose of prosphoron that are
      no longer edible? Is it proper to bury them in the garden, etc.?
      Perishability is a bit of a problem, depending on the recipe used, it seems.

      Lisa Smith
    • Ilkka Soini
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2000
        From: Photius Lipsio wrote:

        This is anaologous to the
        taking off of the crowns on the eighth day of marriage and of the analovion
        on
        the eighth day of being tonsured into the great schema.

        I'm not very familiar with monastic life... Could you, please, explain this
        "analovion".

        Pavel Soini
        MD
        Finland