An error in the St. Innocent Calendar

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2014
      The header for the feast of the Annunciation has two errors. It calls for readings for the Cross, and also indicates that the Liturgy of St. Basil is served. This was a cut and paste error from last year, when the feast fell on the Sunday of the Cross. The body of the rubrics is correct. The Vesperal Liturgy is of St. John Chrysostom, and the Gospel and Epistle reading at the liturgy is only for the feast.

      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.