Funeral during Lent?

  • Philip Silouan Thompson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2014
      Is a funeral served at all differently during Great Lent?

      Thank you,
      Deacon Silouan Thompson
    • stefanvpavlenko
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2014
        Dear Father,

        No not at all--- the only change would be for Bright Week, the Paschal Funeral, but not any changes for the Lenten Season.

        Archpriest Stefan P.
      • Nathaniel Philosophos Uhlman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2014
          As I have never seen a liturgical service to my Saint - nor do I suspect
          that there is any to be found - as he is quite obscure - I have over the
          past several years attempted to write a few Stichera and Troparia to him
          - imitating to a great extent the service to a Martyr in the General
          Menaion.

          I have often thought that I should progressively try to write a full
          service to him eventually.

          I wonder whether anyone might point me in the direction of any sort of
          rules guiding the composition of liturgical services.

          Thank you.

          Priest Philosoph