Rubrics for January

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2014
      For those who use the St. Innocent Calendar, and are still waiting to get the hard copies for this year, a pdf file was sent out that has the entries as they will appear in that calendar, but for the purposes of printing a copy of the rubrics until you get that hard copy, you may also want to print them from this page:

      http://www.saintjonah.org/rub/

      This format is designed to fit on a single page (some times front and back, but usually one size).

      We again apologize for the delays, and this shouldn't happen again. The 2015 calendar is much further ahead of schedule than ever before, and we hope to have that one out with plenty of time to spare.

      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.

    • pfekula1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2014
        Dear Father John - Bless.

        I don't know if this has already been addressed, but there is an error in the rubrics for the Vigil this coming Saturday (i.e., for Sunday, Jan. 20/Feb. 2).

        The katavasia appointed for Matins on this date is the Canon for the Presentation, rather than "I shall open my mouth." The Canon of the Presentation is the katavasia from the day after the Apodosis of Theophany through the Apodosis of the Presentation.

        Peter

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2014
          You are correct.

          I have made the correction here: