Old Calendar Choir Cues: 22 Pentecost, 11/24 November 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2013
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a Double service
      for the Martyrs Minas, Victor, and Vincent, and Theodore the Studite..
      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. The Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel
      are indicated by the sign § and the appropriate number. A reminder:
      The Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for chanting
      according to the book put together by Dr. Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his
      website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this
      effort without his help.

      11/24 November 2013

      TWENTY-SECOND SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST -- Tone 5

      Epistle:
      For the Sunday: Galatians 6:11-18 (§215)
      For the Martyrs: Ephesians 6:10-17 (§233)
      For St. Theodore: Hebrews 13:17-21 (§335)

      Gospel:
      For the Sunday: Luke 10:25-37 (§53)
      For the Martyrs: Matthew 10:32-33, 37-38; 19:27-30 (§38)
      For St. Theodore: Matthew 4:25-5:12 (§10)

      Twenty-Second Sunday after Pentecost. Martyrs Menas of Egypt, Victor
      at Damascus, and Vincent of Spain. Martyr Stephanida. Venerable
      Theodore, Abbot of Studion. Blessed Maximus, Fool-for-Christ and
      Wonder-worker of Moscow (Six-Stichera-rank service). St. Stephen-Urosh
      of Decani, Serbia. Venerable Martyrius of Zelenets, Novgorod. Iveron
      Icon of the Mother of God of Montreal.

      HOURS

      At the Third Hour:

      Troparion of St. Theodore
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      At the Sixth Hour:

      Troparion of the Martyrs
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes)

      Beatitudes on 8 from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      Believing Thee to be God, O Christ, the thief on the cross confessed
      Thee in a pure manner, crying out from the depths of his heart:
      Remember me in Thy kingdom, O Lord!

      Together let us hymn as Savior and Creator, Him Who on the Cross
      budded forth life for our race and caused the curse which originated
      from the tree to wither up.

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      By Thy death hast Thou destroyed the power of death, O Christ, and
      Thou didst raise up with Thyself the dead of ages past, who now hymn
      Thee as our true God and Savior.

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      Arriving at Thy tomb, O Christ, the honorable women sought to anoint
      Thee with myrrh, O Bestower of life; but an angel appeared to them,
      crying out: The Lord is risen!

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      When Thou wast crucified between two condemned thieves, O Christ, one
      of them blasphemed Thee and was justly damned, while the other
      confessed Thee and dwelleth now in paradise.

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      When they had come to the choir of the apostles, the honorable women
      cried out: Christ is risen! Let us worship Him as Master and Creator.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      O indivisible Trinity, all-effecting and all-powerful Unity: Father,
      Son, and Holy Spirit: Thee do we hymn as our true God and Savior!

      Rejoice, O animate temple of God and impassible gate! Rejoice, O
      fiery throne which burneth yet is not consumed! Rejoice, O Mother of
      Emmanuel, Christ our God!

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 5: Let us, O faithful, praise and
      worship the Word, / Who is co-unoriginate with the Father and the
      Spirit, / and Who was born of the Virgin for our salvation; / for He
      was pleased to ascend the Cross in the Flesh, / and to endure death,
      // and to raise the dead by His glorious Resurrection.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of the Martyrs, Tone 4: In their sufferings O Lord, / Thy
      martyrs received imperishable crowns from Thee, our God; / for,
      possessed of Thy might, / they cast down the tormentors and set at
      naught the feeble audacity of the demons. // By their supplications
      save our souls.

      Troparion of St. Theodore, Tone 8: Instructor of Orthodoxy, teacher
      of piety and purity, / beacon for the whole world, divinely inspired
      adornment of monastics: / by thy teachings thou hast illumined all, O
      Theodore. // O harp of the Spirit, entreat Christ God, that our souls
      be saved.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 5: Unto hades, O my Savior, didst Thou
      descend, / and having broken its gates as One omnipotent, / Thou, as
      Creator, didst raise up the dead together with Thyself. / And Thou
      didst break the sting of death, / and didst deliver Adam from the
      curse, O Lover of mankind. // Wherefore we all cry unto Thee: Save
      us, O Lord.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Kontakion of the Martyrs, Tone 4: O Passion-bearer Minas, / Christ our
      God, the imperishable Crown of martyrs, / took thee from a transient
      army, / and showed thee forth as a partaker // of what is
      incorruptible and heavenly.

      Glory…

      Kontakion of St. Theodore, Tone 2: Thine angelic life of fasting /
      thou didst adorn with the struggles of suffering, / O divinely blessed
      Theodore, / and thou hast been shown to abide with the angels. // With
      them cease thou never to pray to Christ God for us all.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokimenon in the 5th Tone: Thou, O Lord, shalt keep us
      and shalt preserve us from this generation and for evermore.
      Choir: Thou, O Lord, shalt keep us and shalt preserve us from this
      generation and for evermore.
      Reader: Save me, O Lord for a righteous man there is no more.
      Choir: Thou, O Lord, shalt keep us and shalt preserve us from this
      generation and for evermore.
      Reader: In the 4th Tone: In the saints that are in His earth hath the
      Lord been wondrous; He hath wrought all His desires in them.
      Choir: In the saints that are in His earth hath the Lord been
      wondrous; He hath wrought all His desires in them.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to
      the Galatians.

      [Galatians. 6:11-18 (§215)]: Brethren: Ye see how large a letter I
      have written unto you with mine own hand. * As many as desire to make
      a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only
      lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. * For
      neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire
      to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. * But God
      forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus
      Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
      * For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor
      uncircumcision, but a new creature. * And as many as walk according to
      this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God. *
      From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks
      of the Lord Jesus. * Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be
      with your spirit. Amen.

      [Ephesians 6:10-17 (§233)]: Brethren: Be strong in the Lord, and in
      the power of his might. *Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may
      be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. * For we wrestle not
      against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
      against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual
      wickedness in high places. * Wherefore take unto you the whole armour
      of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having
      done all, to stand. * Stand therefore, having your loins girt about
      with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; * And your
      feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; * Above all,
      taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all
      the fiery darts of the wicked. * And take the helmet of salvation, and
      the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

      [Hebrews 13:17-21 (§335)]: Brethren: Obey them that have the rule
      over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as
      they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not
      with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. * Pray for us: for we
      trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live
      honestly. * But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be
      restored to you the sooner. * Now the God of peace, that brought again
      from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep,
      through the blood of the everlasting covenant, * Make you perfect in
      every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well
      pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever
      and ever. Amen.

      ALLELUIA (NO PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 5th Tone: Of Thy mercies, O Lord, will I sing
      for ever. Unto generation and generation will I declare Thy truth
      with my mouth.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: For Thou hast said: Mercy shall be built up for ever, in the
      heavens shall Thy truth be established.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: In the 4th Tone: The righteous cried, and the Lord heard
      them, and He delivered them out of all their tribulations.

      [Luke 10:25-37 (§53)]: At that time, a certain lawyer stood up, and
      tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
      * He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? *
      And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
      heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all
      thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. * And he said unto him, Thou
      hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. * But he, willing
      to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour? * And
      Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to
      Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment,
      and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. * And by chance
      there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he
      passed by on the other side. * And likewise a Levite, when he was at
      the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side. *
      But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when
      he saw him, he had compassion on him, * And went to him, and bound up
      his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and
      brought him to an inn, and took care of him. * And on the morrow when
      he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and
      said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more,
      when I come again, I will repay thee. * Which now of these three,
      thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? *
      And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him,
      Go, and do thou likewise.

      [Matt. 10:32-33,37-38,19:27-30 (§38): The Lord said: Whosoever
      therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before
      my Father which is in heaven. * But whosoever shall deny me before
      men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. * He
      that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he
      that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. * And he
      that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of
      me. * Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken
      all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? * And Jesus said
      unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in
      the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his
      glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve
      tribes of Israel. * And every one that hath forsaken houses, or
      brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or
      lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall
      inherit everlasting life. * But many that are first shall be last; and
      the last shall be first.

      [Matthew 4:25-5:12 (§10)]: At that time, there followed Jesus great
      multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from
      Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan. * And seeing the
      multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his
      disciples came unto him: * And he opened his mouth, and taught them,
      saying, * Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of
      heaven. * Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. *
      Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. * Blessed are
      they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be
      filled. * Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. *
      Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. * Blessed are
      the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. *
      Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for
      theirs is the kingdom of heaven. * Blessed are ye, when men shall
      revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil
      against you falsely, for my sake. * Rejoice, and be exceeding glad:
      for great is your reward in heaven:

      DOSTOINIK

      It is truly meet...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Rejoice
      in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright.
      Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!