Old Calendar Choir Cues: 11 Pentecost, 26 August/8 September 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 9:01 AM
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a simple service
      for the Martyrs Adrian and Natalia (§1A in the Order of Divine
      Services). The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple
      dedicated to a Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to
      the Theotokos, please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, translations are from other sources, and are
      not my own. Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel are indicated by the
      sign §, followed by the appropriate number. Please also note that the
      Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for singing
      according to the Divine Liturgy book put together by Dr. Timothy
      Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford for the materials on his website
      (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this effort
      without his help.

      26 August/8 September 2013

      ELEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST -- Tone 2

      Epistle:
      For the Sunday: 1 Corinthians 9:2-12 (§141)

      Gospel:
      For the Sunday: Matthew 18:23-35 (§77)

      Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost. Martyrs Adrian and Natalia, and 23
      martyrs with them in Nicomedia. Venerable Tithoes of the Thebaid.
      Venerable Adrian of Ondrusov. Blessed Cyprian of Storozhev.
      Venerable Adrian of Poshekhonye. Blessed Maria of Diveyevo.
      New-Hieroconfessor Priest Roman (Joseph in schema) Medvedev. Meeting
      of the Vladimir Icon of the Theotokos (Polyeleos-rank service).

      HOURS

      At all Hours:

      Troparion of the Martyrs
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes)
      8 from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      We offer Thee the cry of the thief, and we pray: Remember us in Thy
      kingdom, O Savior.

      For the forgiveness of transgressions we offer unto Thee the Cross
      which Thou didst accept for our sake, O Thou who lovest mankind.

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      We bow down in worship, O Master, before Thy burial and rising,
      whereby Thou hast delivered the world from corruption, O Thou Who
      lovest mankind.

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      By Thy death hath death been slain, O Lord, and by Thy resurrection
      hast Thou saved the world, O Savior.

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      Risen from the tomb, Thou didst meet the myrrh-bearing women; and Thou
      didst tell Thy disciples to announce Thine arising.

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      Those who slept in darkness, beholding Thee, the Light, in the
      nethermost parts of hades, O Christ, were raised from the dead.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      Let us glorify the Father; let us all worship the Son, and let us hymn
      the Holy Spirit with faith.

      Rejoice, O fiery throne! Rejoice, O bride unwedded! Rejoice, O
      Virgin who for men gavest birth unto God!

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 2: When Thou didst descend unto death,
      O Life Immortal, / then didst Thou slay Hades with the lightning of
      Thy Divinity. / And when Thou didst also raise the dead out of the
      nethermost depths, / all the Hosts of the heavens cried out: // O
      Life-giver, Christ our God, glory be to Thee.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of the Martyrs, Tone 4: In their sufferings O Lord, / Thy
      martyrs received imperishable crowns from Thee, our God; / for,
      possessed of Thy might, / they cast down the tormentors and set at
      naught the feeble audacity of the demons. // By their supplications
      save our souls.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 2: Thou didst rise from the tomb, O
      Omnipotent Savior, / and hades was terrified on beholding the wonder.
      / And the dead arose, and creation at the sight thereof rejoiceth with
      Thee, / and Adam also is joyful, / and the world, O my Savior, //
      praiseth Thee forever.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Glory…

      Kontakion of the Martyrs, Tone 4: The divine commemoration of the
      martyrs hath shone forth / and radiantly illumined all the ends of the
      earth with the gladness of those who cry out: // Thou art the joy of
      the martyrs, O Christ!

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6: O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the Creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokimenon in the 2nd Tone: The Lord is my strength and
      my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Choir: The Lord is my strength and my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Reader: With chastisement hath the Lord chastened me, but He hath not
      given me over unto death.
      Choir: The Lord is my strength and my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Reader: The Lord is my strength and my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Choir: And He is become my salvation.

      Reader: The Reading is from the First Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul
      to the Corinthians:

      [I Cor. 9:2-12, § 141]: Brethren: If I be not an apostle unto
      others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship
      are ye in the Lord. * Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,
      * Have we not power to eat and to drink? * Have we not power to lead
      about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren
      of the Lord, and Cephas? * Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power
      to forbear working? * Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges?
      who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who
      feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock? * Say I
      these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? * For it is
      written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox
      that treadeth out the corn.Doth God take care for oxen? * Or saith he
      it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written:
      that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth
      in hope should be partaker of his hope. * If we have sown unto you
      spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal
      things? * If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we
      rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all
      things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 2nd Tone
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: The Lord hear thee in the day of affliction; the name of the
      God of Jacob defend thee.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: O Lord, save the king, and hearken unto us in the day when we
      call upon Thee.

      [Matthew 18:23-35, §77]: The Lord said: The kingdom of heaven is
      likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
      * And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which
      owed him ten thousand talents. * But forasmuch as he had not to pay,
      his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all
      that he had, and payment to be made. * The servant therefore fell
      down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I
      will pay thee all. * Then the lord of that servant was moved with
      compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt. * But the same
      servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him
      an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the
      throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest. * And his fellowservant fell
      down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and
      I will pay thee all. * And he would not: but went and cast him into
      prison, till he should pay the debt. * So when his fellowservants saw
      what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord
      all that was done. * Then his lord, after that he had called him, said
      unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because
      thou desiredst me: * Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on
      thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? * And his lord was
      wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all
      that was due unto him. * So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also
      unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother
      their trespasses.

      DOSTOINIK

      €œIt is truly meet...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest!
      Alleluia, Alleluia, alleluia!