Patriarch Tikhon Choir Will Present Debut Concerts

  • Vlad Morosan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2013
      Dear friends,

      The Patriarch Tikhon Choir, a unique choral ensemble of professional singers
      from Russia and North America, under the direction of renowned Moscow
      conductor Vladimir Gorbik, will perform their debut concerts of Orthodox
      sacred choral works, entitled ³Their Sound Hath Gone Forth,²
      € Monday, September 16, 2013, at 7:30pm - St. Malachy¹s Roman Catholic
      Church: The Actor¹s Chapel,  239 West 49th St., in New York City;
      € Tuesday, September 17, 2013, at 7:00pm - First Baptist Church of
      Pittsburgh, 159 North Bellefield Ave., Pittsburgh, PA; and
      € Wednesday, September 18, 2013, at 8:00pm - St. Peter's on Capitol Hill,
      313 2nd St. SE, Washington, DC.
      Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.patriarchtikhonchoir.com
      <http://www.patriarchtikhonchoir.com> and at the door. For more
      information, please email: info@... or call
      1-800-326-3132.

      This is a very exciting new development on the Orthodox music scene,
      particularly in the choral field, since Vladimir Gorbik is very open to new
      Orthodox music by American composers. In addition to the Russian classics ‹
      Rachmaninoff, Chesnokov, Kastalsky, and Trubachov‹ we will be singing music
      by Nicholas Reeves, Kurt Sander, Benedict Sheehan, and Nazo Zakkak. In
      keeping with the choir¹s multi-cultural approach, the program will be sung
      in both Church Slavonic and in English.

      Please help us spread the word by notifying your friends and colleagues in
      the New York, Pittsburgh, and Washington area.

      Vladimir Morosan
      For the Patriarch Tikhon Choir

    • dptkach