Re: Lamentations of the Dormition

  • natwoon
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2013
      Dear all, I would like to ask about the Lamentations of the Theotokos and how commonly it is celebrated in Orthodox churches. I remember reading on a thread in another list where someone mentioned that this one the services listed in the Typicon. It was suggested that the service of the Lamentations of the Theotokos, though fairly popular is a more recent origin. I mean no disrespect and love the service myself but am just wondering about it. I hope no one is offended by this question.

      Nathaniel