Old Calendar Choir Cues: 7 Pentecost, 29 July/11 August 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 3:38 AM
      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a simple service
      for Martyr Callinicus [§1A in the Order of Divine Services).
      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel are
      indicated by the sign §, followed by the appropriate number. Please
      note that the Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for
      singing according to the Divine Liturgy book put together by Dr.
      Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford, as always, for the materials on his
      website (http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/). I could not undertake this
      effort without his help.

      29 July/11 August 2013

      SEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST. Tone 6

      Epistle: Romans 15:1-7 (§116)
      Gospel: Matthew 9:27-35 (§33)

      Seventh Sunday after Pentecost. Martyr Callinicus of Gangra in Asia
      Minor. Martyr Seraphima, the virgin of Antioch. Martyr Theodora and
      her three children. St. Lupus, Bishop of Troyes. Martyr Eustathius
      of Mtskheta, Georgia. St. Constantine, Patriarch of Constantinople.
      Monk-Martyr Michael of Edessa. Venerable Constantine and Cosmas of
      Kosina. Venerable Roman of Kitzhach. Hieromartyr Bessarion, Bishop
      of Smolyan, Bulgaria. Martyr Daniel Mlievskii. New Monk-Martyrs
      Seraphim, Theognostus, Pachomius, Anatole, Heraclius, Victor, and
      Nun-Martyr Eudocia of Vernyi (Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan.

      HOURS

      At all Hours:

      Troparion of St. Callinicus
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes)
      8 from the Octoechos

      Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for

      Remember me when Thou comest in Thy kingdom, O God my Savior, and save
      me, for Thou alone lovest mankind.

      By a tree was Adam deceived; yet again by the Tree of the Cross was
      the thief saved, who cried out: Remember me in Thy kingdom, O Lord!

      3. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      O Bestower of life, Who hadst broken down the gates and portals of
      hades, Thou hast saved all who cry out to Thee, O Savior: Glory to
      Thine arising!

      4. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      O Thou Who by Thy burial hast made death captive, and by Thy
      resurrection hast filled all with joy: remember me, in that Thou art
      compassionate.

      5. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      The myrrh-bearing women who came to the tomb heard an angel cry out:
      Christ, Who hath enlightened all things is risen!

      6. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      Together let us all hymn Christ, Who was nailed to the Cross and hath
      delivered the world from beguilement.

      7. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit let us glorify, saying: O
      Holy Trinity, save Thou our souls!

      O Virgin, who ineffably conceived in the latter days and gavest birth
      unto thy Creator: Save those who magnify thee!

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion,Tone 6. Angelic hosts were above Thy tomb, /
      and they that guarded Thee became as dead, / and Mary stood by the
      grave, / seeking Thine immaculate Body; / Thou didst despoil hades and
      wast not tempted by it. / Thou didst meet the Virgin and didst grant
      us life, / O Thou Who didst rise from the dead, // O Lord, glory be to
      Thee.

      [Troparion of the Temple]

      Troparion of St. Callinicus, Tone 4: In his sufferings, O Lord, / Thy
      martyr Callinicus received an imperishable crown from Thee, our God; /
      for, possessed of Thy might, / he set at naught the tormentors and
      crushed the feeble audacity of the demons. // By his supplications
      save Thou our souls.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 6: Having by His life-bestowing hand /
      raised up all the dead out of the dark abysses, / Christ God, the
      Giver of Life, / hath bestowed the Resurrection upon the fallen human
      race; / for He is the Savior of all, // the Resurrection, and the
      Life, and the God of all.

      [Kontakion of the Temple]

      Glory...

      Kontakion of St. Callinicus, Tone 2: The beautiful things of heaven /
      hast thou now inherited as is meet; / for, greatly aflame with the
      love of Christ, / thou didst manfully brave the fire therewith, O
      Callinicus. / Standing now before Him, // cease not to pray in behalf
      of us all.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6. O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokimenon in the 6th Tone: Save, O Lord, Thy people and
      bless Thine inheritance.
      Choir: Save, O Lord, Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
      Reader: Unto Thee, O Lord, Will I cry; O my God, be not silent unto me.
      Choir: Save, O Lord, Thy people and bless Thine inheritance.
      Reader: Save, O Lord, Thy people.
      Choir: and bless Thine inheritance.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to the Romans.

      [Romans 15:1-7, §116]: Brethren: We then that are strong ought to bear
      the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. * Let every
      one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. * For even
      Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of
      them that reproached thee fell on me. * For whatsoever things were
      written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through
      patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. * Now the God
      of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward
      another according to Christ Jesus: * That ye may with one mind and one
      mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. *
      Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the
      glory of God.

      ALLELUIA (PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 6th Tone.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: He that dwelleth in the help of the Most High shall abide in
      the shelter of the God of heaven.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: He shall say unto the Lord: Thou art my helper and my refuge.
      He is my God, and I will hope in Him.

      [Matthew 9:27-35, §33]: At that time, when Jesus departed thence, two
      blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have
      mercy on us. * And when he was come into the house, the blind men came
      to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do
      this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. * Then touched he their eyes,
      saying, According to your faith be it unto you. * And their eyes were
      opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know
      it. * But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all
      that country. * As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb
      man possessed with a devil. * And when the devil was cast out, the
      dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen
      in Israel. * But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the
      prince of the devils. * And Jesus went about all the cities and
      villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of
      the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the
      people.

      DOSTOINIK

      It is truly meet...

      COMMUNION

      Praise the Lord in the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Alleluia,
      Alleluia, Alleluia!