Old Calendar Choir Cues: 3 Pentecost, All the Saints of Russia, 1/14 July 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      As noted last week, the St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar
      indicated a Great Feast for the Second Sunday after Pentecost and the
      Feast of the nativity of St. John the Baptist. The Feast of All Saints
      who have shown forth in the land of Russia is transferred to 3
      Pentecost for this year.

      The St. Innocent Press Liturgical Calendar indicates a simple service
      for the Third Sunday after Pentecost and the Feast of All Saints who
      have shown forth in the land of Russia. The service to Saints Cosmas
      and Damian is transferred to a previous day or to Compline.

      The order for Troparia and Kontakia is for a Temple dedicated to a
      Saint. If your temple is dedicated to the Lord or to the Theotokos,
      please make the appropriate adjustments.

      If you have corrections, please be sure to click "Reply to All" to
      ensure that all on the Choir Cues list receive the corrections in a
      timely fashion. However, please note that translations are from other
      sources, and are not my own. Pericopes for the Epistle and Gospel are
      indicated by the sign §, followed by the appropriate number. Please
      note that the Resurrectional Troparion and Kontakion are pointed for
      singing according to the Divine Liturgy book put together by Dr.
      Timothy Clader.

      Thanks to Father John Whiteford for the materials on his website:
      http://www.saintjonah.org/lit/. I could not undertake this effort
      without his help.

      1/14 July 2013
      THIRD SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST - Tone 2
      Sunday of All Saints of Russia

      Epistle:
      For the Sunday: For the Sunday: Romans 5:1-10 (§88)
      For All Saints of Russia: Hebrews 11:33-12:2 (§330)

      Gospel:
      For the Sunday: Matthew 6:22-33 (§18)
      For All Saints of Russia: Matthew 4:25-5:12 (§10)

      Third Sunday after Pentecost. Holy Unmercenaries Cosmas and Damian of
      Rome (Six-Stichera-rank service). Martyr Potitus the Youth at Naples.
      Venerable Peter of Constantinople. Venerable Basil of Cappadocia.
      St. Leontius of Radauti (Moldavia). Venerable Nicodemus of the Holy
      Mountain. Venerable Angelina of Serbia.

      Movable Feasts on the Third Sunday after Pentecost: All Saints who
      have shown forth in the land of Russia (transferred from the Second
      Sunday). Synaxis of all the New Martyrs of Christ who suffered after
      the fall of Constantinople. Synaxis of the Saints of Novgorod.
      Synaxis of the saints of Belorussia. Synaxis of the saints of Pskov.
      Synaxis of the saints of St. Petersburg. Synaxis of the saints of
      Vologda.

      Movable Feast on the Sunday after 29 June: Synaxis of the saints of Tver.

      HOURS

      At the Third Hour:

      Troparion of All Saints of Russia
      Resurrectional Kontakion

      At the Sixth Hour:

      Troparion of All Saints of Russia
      Kontakion of All Saints of Russia

      DIVINE LITURGY OF ST. JOHN CHRYSOSTOM

      Third Antiphon (Beatitudes): 10
      6 from the Octoechos; 4 from the Canon for All Saints of Russia

      1. Blessed are the meek, * for they shall inherit the earth.

      We offer Thee the cry of the thief, and we pray: Remember us in Thy
      kingdom, O Savior.

      2. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, * for
      they shall be filled.

      For the forgiveness of transgressions we offer unto Thee the Cross
      which Thou didst accept for our sake, O Thou who lovest mankind.

      We bow down in worship, O Master, before Thy burial and rising,
      whereby Thou hast delivered the world from corruption, O Thou Who
      lovest mankind.

      By Thy death hath death been slain, O Lord, and by Thy resurrection
      hast Thou saved the world, O Savior.

      5. Blessed are the peacemakers, * for they shall be called the sons of God.

      Risen from the tomb, Thou didst meet the myrrh-bearing women; and Thou
      didst tell Thy disciples to announce Thine arising.

      6. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, *
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

      Those who slept in darkness, beholding Thee, the Light, in the
      nethermost parts of hades, O Christ, were raised from the dead.

      7. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, * and

      We have not inherited our land through the sword, but through Thy
      right hand, and Thine upraised arm, and the light of Thy countenance;
      and by the tears of Thy saints, their struggles and sweat, their blood
      and teaching, is our homeland firmly established.

      8. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, * for great is your reward in the heavens.

      When we turned away from Thee and did not do Thy commandments, then
      didst Thou thrust us aside and cast us down; and we have become the
      least among all the nations. But take pity on us, O God our Savior,
      through the entreaties of the saints.

      9. Glory to the Father, * and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

      O all-blessed Trinity, return us from exile; heal our sickness and our
      sorrow; and lift our spirit from slothfulness and the sleep of sin,
      that we may be worthy of our fathers and brethren who by their
      struggles glorified Thy name in our land.

      Gather in the dispersed, return those who have been cut off, bring
      back again them that have fallen away from the Orthodox Faith, comfort
      the weeping and sorrowful, and heal the dissolution of our tormented
      land, O thou who art full of grace, entreating God in our behalf with
      the saints who are our compatriots.

      TROPARIA AND KONTAKIA

      Resurrectional Troparion, Tone 2: When Thou didst descend unto death,
      O Life Immortal, / then didst Thou slay hades with the lightning of
      Thy Divinity. / And when Thou didst also raise the dead out of the
      nethermost depths, / all the Hosts of the Heavens cried out: // O
      Life-Giver Christ our God, glory be to Thee!

      Troparion of All Saints of Russia, Tone 8: As a beautiful fruit of the
      sowing of Thy salvation, / the land of Russia doth offer to Thee, O
      Lord, all the Saints that have shone in her. / By their prayers keep
      the Church and the world in profound peace, // through the Theotokos,
      O Most-merciful One.

      Resurrectional Kontakion, Tone 2: Thou didst rise from the tomb, O
      Omnipotent Savior, / and hades was terrified on beholding the wonder.
      / And the dead arose, and creation at the sight thereof rejoiceth with
      Thee, / and Adam also is joyful, / and the world, O my Savior, //
      praiseth Thee forever.

      Glory...

      Kontakion of All Saints of Russia, Tone 3: Today the choir of the
      saints who pleased God in the land of Russia / doth stand before us in
      Church and invisibly doth pray for us to God. / With them the angels
      glorify Him, / and all the saints of the Church of Christ keep
      festival with them; // and they all pray together for us to the
      Pre-eternal God.

      Both now...

      Theotokion, Tone 6. O protection of Christians that cannot be put to
      shame, / O mediation unto the creator unfailing, / disdain not the
      suppliant voices of sinners, / but be thou quick, O good one, to help
      us who in faith cry unto thee; / hasten to intercession and speed thou
      to make supplication, // thou who dost ever protect, O Theotokos, them
      that honor thee.

      EPISTLE

      Reader: The Prokeimenon in the 2nd Tone: The Lord is my strength and
      my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Choir: The Lord is my strength and my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Reader: With chastisement hath the Lord chastened me, but He hath not
      given me over unto death.
      Choir: The Lord is my strength and my song, and He is become my salvation.
      Reader: In the 7th tone: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the
      death of His saints.
      Choir: Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

      Reader: The Reading is from the Epistle of the Holy Apostle Paul to the Romans.

      [Romans 5:1-10, §88]: Brethren: Being justified by faith, we have
      peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: * By whom also we have
      access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope
      of the glory of God. * And not only so, but we glory in tribulations
      also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; * And patience,
      experience; and experience, hope: * And hope maketh not ashamed;
      because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost
      which is given unto us. * For when we were yet without strength, in
      due time Christ died for the ungodly. * For scarcely for a righteous
      man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare
      to die. * But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
      were yet sinners, Christ died for us. * Much more then, being now
      justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. *
      For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death
      of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his
      life.

      [Hebrews 11:33-12:2, §330]: Brethren: All the saints through faith
      subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped
      the mouths of lions, * Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge
      of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in
      fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. * Women received
      their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not
      accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: *
      And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover
      of bonds and imprisonment: * They were stoned, they were sawn asunder,
      were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in
      sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; * (Of
      whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in
      mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. * And these all, having
      obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: * God
      having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should
      not be made perfect. * Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about
      with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and
      the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience
      the race that is set before us, * Looking unto Jesus the author and
      finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured
      the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of
      the throne of God.

      ALLELUIA (NO PAUSE before first verse)

      Reader: Alleluia in the 2nd Tone: The Lord hear thee in the day of
      affliction; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: O Lord, save the king, and hearken unto us in the day when we
      call upon Thee.
      Choir: Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia!
      Reader: In the 1st Tone: O God Who givest avengement unto me and hast
      subdued peoples under me.

      [Matthew 6:22-33, §18]: The Lord said: The light of the body is the
      eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of
      light. * But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of
      darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how
      great is that darkness! * No man can serve two masters: for either he
      will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the
      one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. *
      Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall
      eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put
      on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? *
      Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap,
      nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye
      not much better than they? * Which of you by taking thought can add
      one cubit unto his stature? * And why take ye thought for raiment?
      Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not,
      neither do they spin: * And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in
      all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. * Wherefore, if God
      so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is
      cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little
      faith? * Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or,
      What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? * (For after
      all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father
      knoweth that ye have need of all these things. * But seek ye first the
      kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be
      added unto you.

      [Matthew 4:25-5:12a, §10]: At that time, there followed him great
      multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from
      Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan. * And seeing the
      multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his
      disciples came unto him: * And he opened his mouth, and taught them,
      saying, * Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of
      heaven. * Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. *
      Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. * Blessed are
      they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be
      filled. * Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. *
      Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. * Blessed are
      the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. *
      Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for
      theirs is the kingdom of heaven. * Blessed are ye, when men shall
      revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil
      against you falsely, for my sake. * Rejoice, and be exceeding glad:
      for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the
      prophets which were before you.

      DOSTOINIK

      It is truly meet...

      COMMUNION VERSE

      Praise the Lord in the heavens, praise Him in the highest! Rejoice in
      the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Alleluia,
      Alleluia, Alleluia!