Re: [ustav] question about beginning of Vespers/3rd & 6th Hours

  • Philip Sokolov
    Message 1 of 10 , May 24, 2013
      Christ is Risen!

      Deacon Anton wrote:

      > To be crystal clear, from Ascension until and including Trinity, on
      > this basis we would leave out the "Glory to You" and proceed straight
      > to "Holy God"?

      This is correct.

      In Christ,
      Philip Sokolov
    • Deacon Philip Turner
      Message 2 of 10 , May 26, 2013
        I thought that during this period Glory be + Heavenly King, was replaced by the Troparion of the Ascension, or is that only for the Prayers of Preparation and at the beginning of the Liturgy.

        In XC,

        Deacon Philip

        --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Philip Sokolov <phils@...> wrote:

        > Christ is Risen!
        >
        > Deacon Anton wrote:
        >
        > > To be crystal clear, from Ascension until and including Trinity, on
        > > this basis we would leave out the "Glory to You" and proceed straight
        > > to "Holy God"?
        >
        > This is correct.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Philip Sokolov

      • S. Miller
        Message 3 of 10 , May 27, 2013
          Christ is risen!

          Dear Father Deacon,

          None of these three usages is ordered by any direction of the service books of the Orthodox Church. I have never come across the first two, viz., the Hours and the clergy Preparation Prayers before the Liturgy.
          I have run across the tropar of the Ascension immediately before the Liturgy - but mostly not.

          What do you do on the Soul Saturday before Pentecost?

          in XC,
          dn. Sergius

          --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Deacon Philip Turner" <mildert@...> wrote:

          > I thought that during this period Glory be + Heavenly King, was replaced by the Troparion of the Ascension, or is that only for the Prayers of Preparation and at the beginning of the Liturgy.
          >
          > In XC,
          >
          > Deacon Philip
          >
          > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Philip Sokolov <phils@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Christ is Risen!
          > >
          > > Deacon Anton wrote:
          > >
          > > > To be crystal clear, from Ascension until and including Trinity, on
          > > > this basis we would leave out the "Glory to You" and proceed straight
          > > > to "Holy God"?
          > >
          > > This is correct.
          > >
          > > In Christ,
          > > Philip Sokolov

        • archimandritekyril
          Message 4 of 10 , May 27, 2013
            Soul Saturday - for start of Liturgy use the Troparion for the departed: "With wisdom profound"

            Archimandrite Kyril Jenner

            > Message Received: May 27 2013, 02:42 PM
            > From: "S. Miller"
            > To: ustav@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [ustav] Re: question about beginning of Vespers/3rd & 6th Hours
            >
            > Christ is risen!
            >
            > Dear Father Deacon,
            >
            > None of these three usages is ordered by any direction of the service books of the Orthodox Church. I have never come across the first two, viz., the Hours and the clergy Preparation Prayers before the Liturgy.
            > I have run across the tropar of the Ascension immediately before the Liturgy - but mostly not.
            >
            > What do you do on the Soul Saturday before Pentecost?
            >
            > in XC,
            > dn. Sergius
            >

            > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, "Deacon Philip Turner" wrote:
            > >
            > > I thought that during this period Glory be + Heavenly King, was replaced by the Troparion of the Ascension, or is that only for the Prayers of Preparation and at the beginning of the Liturgy.
            > >
            > > In XC,
            > >
            > > Deacon Philip
            > >
            > > --- In ustav@yahoogroups.com, Philip Sokolov wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Christ is Risen!

            > > > This is correct.
            > > >
            > > > In Christ,
            > > > Philip Sokolov

          • Deacon Philip Turner
            Message 5 of 10 , May 27, 2013
              He is risen indeed!

              Dear Fr Deacon,

              >I have never come across the ...clergy Preparation Prayers before the Liturgy.

              I'll see if I can find it.

              > What do you do on the Soul Saturday before Pentecost?

              I wish we had a service!

              In XC,

              D. Philip