removing the Gospel from the Epitaphios

  • betsytumbas
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2013
      Greetings in the Lord,

      Not sure if anyone is up and on-line right now, but my husband has drawn a blank on when he removes the Gospel from its position on the Epitaphios on the tomb.

      Thank you.

      Yours in Christ, Matushka Betsy
    • Jason Dechenne
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2013
        Dear Mat. Betsy,

        He brings it in at the Little Entrance during the Vesperal Liturgy.

        In Christ,
        Priest Jason

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 4, 2013, at 12:50 AM, betsytumbas <betsytumbas@...> wrote:

        > Greetings in the Lord,
        >
        > Not sure if anyone is up and on-line right now, but my husband has drawn a blank on when he removes the Gospel from its position on the Epitaphios on the tomb.
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Yours in Christ, Matushka Betsy

      • Very Rev Joseph Sunderland
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2013
          I use a second Gospel and leave one on the plaschanitsa through the service.

          Archpriest Joseph Sunderland

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        • John van der Hoek
          Message 4 of 6 , May 4, 2013
            Does anyone have the music for the funeral <<Svatii Bozhe>> in OCS with music that is chanted

            at the procession with the Epitaphios in the ROC?

            Regards, John

          • S. Miller
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2013
              This is the usual practice.