Liturgy this Saturday

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      The Order of Divine Services says that the Prokimenon, Alleluia Verses, and Communion hymn is for the day. However, in the Horologion, you have one for the day and one for the departed... and so do we do the second prokimenon "their souls shall dwell among good things.", and the third Alleluia verse, and the second communion him this saturday, or no?

      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/frjohnwhiteford

      "This is the cause of all evils: the ignorance of the Scriptures. We go into battle without arms, and how ought we to come off safe?" -St. John Chrysostom, Homily IX on Colossians.